With the month of November starting at the end of the week, that means that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. While you're either in it for the food or seeing your family, you're still going to have to do some preparing for it; whether it's bringing in a food dish, or bringing some booze for everyone to drink; since talking to family is hard. That's why Purple Carrot's here to help with all of the holiday shenanigans.

What's the deal?

Liz Abere

For Thanksgiving this year, Purple Carrot’s going to be releasing a Thanksgiving box filled with their delicious vegan meals anywhere Nationwide. This Thanksgiving box requires no subscription and is priced at $65 dollars with a serving size of four people. The box includes Hasselback Butternut Squash with Cider glaze & Rosemary Pecan Dukkah, Rustic Ciabatta Stuffing with root Vegetables & Herb Sausage, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Oyster Mushrooms & Garlic Kimchi Butter, Classic Gravy, and Cranberry Citrus Cake with Coconut Whip Cream. The Thanksgiving boxes will be available for purchase online from October 30th to November 19th. This limited time box is designed for consumers looking to enjoy a full plant-based Thanksgiving meal, but also perfectly accommodates those hoping to add a few plant-based options to their table for their vegan or vegetarian friends and family members. The Thanksgiving box will be delivered to customers either on Monday, November 24th or on Tuesday, November 25th, depending on the zip code that it's being sent to. So the nice part is that you don't even have to leave your residence in order to get food sent to you. Score; especially since holiday lines can get a little crazy; even at the last minute, which is when I'll be preparing. 

Of course if you're feeding more than four people, you'll have to purchase more boxes in order to feed everyone; or if you have any vegan or vegetarian friends that are coming over, get a box for them so that they can enjoy food and your company, too. "The hope is that by purchasing this box customers can dedicate more of their Thanksgiving to family and friends, and let us handle the meal prep,” said Andrea Nordby, Head of Culinary at Purple Carrot. “With this in mind, it was important to create incredible dishes that are not only easy to make, but will have both vegans and non-vegans alike asking for seconds.” For further information, visit www.purplecarrot.com/thanksgiving.

And if you're still wondering about Purple Carrot's whole existence, Purple Carrot is the first 100% plant-based meal kit that helps people discover how delicious, healthy, and simple it can be to eat plant-based meals. Purple Carrot offers breakfast, lunch and dinner options every week, sending customers pre-portioned ingredients and step-by-step instructions to create amazing plant-based recipes.

Thanksgiving doesn't have to be so hard this year, and Purple Carrot's fully in agreeance with that. They also understand that it's important to incorporate everyone in the meal; just non vegans and non vegetarians; even if your family doesn't understand either diet. Thanksgiving doesn't have to be expensive, either; even if everyone just chips in a little bit, the day could actually be enjoyable.