I’ve never met anyone who genuinely *loves* eating their vegetables, because let’s face it, who would choose to eat brussels sprouts over a dangerously cheesy slice of pizza? It can be hard to force yourself to order a salad (a nutritious one, not one filled with tortilla chips and chicken tenders) when you’d rather be eating a bacon cheeseburger.

Veggies

There are actually a ton of ways to cook veggies that people forget about, and they’re pretty good and less boring than you’d think. Keep reading for recipes that will make you want to clean your plate, rather than make you want to give the food to your dog under the table.

1. Frittata

Veggies

Photo by Kendra Valkema

A frittata is an egg-celent way to use up a ton of leftover vegetables all at once. It’s basically like a giant veggie and cheese filled omelette that you can eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The best part is that it’s reasonably quick to cook up and you can store it in the fridge for fast meals for the next few days. Try this recipe that cooks right on the stove – you don’t even need to heat up your oven.

2. Dumplings

Veggies

Photo by Dorianne Ma

Though they can be much more labor-intensive, if you’ve got the time, dumplings are definitely the way to go. You can fill them with meat, veggies, or both, but if you’re looking for a slightly healthier alternative you can fill them strictly with veggies and even add some tofu if that’s your thang. Try a recipe like this one for something with more of an authentic flair.

3. Dessert

Veggies

Photo by Carl Pieri

Yes, you read that right. It is in fact possible to hide vegetables in various desserts in order to sneakily eat more vegetables which indulging in chocolatey brownies or nutty banana bread. Try this chocolate zucchini bread next time you’re craving something sweet and don’t want to feel guilty after.

#SpoonTip: Another great way to sneak zucchini in is with cookies. The added zucchini moisture makes chocolate chip cookies super moist and fluffy! 

4. Veggie Pizza

Veggies

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Nowadays you can top your pizza with nearly anything. From pineapple to sunny-side up eggs, plain cheese pizza is a thing of the past. If heavily topped pizzas are your thing, try a veggie and pesto pizza like this one. If you only like a few toppings, try coming up with your own combinations such as chopped tomatoes and zucchini, or broccoli and ricotta.

#SpoonTip: If you’re crazy for veggies, try incorporating them into the crust rather than just putting ’em on top. Opt for a cauliflower crust pizza like this one

5. Soup

Veggies

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Soup can go from heart healthy to heart-stopping real quick, so try to opt for an eggplant and chickpea stew rather than a less healthy option like broccoli and cheddar. Recipe here.

6. Quesadillas

Veggies

Photo by Emily Gordon

So maybe this isn’t the healthiest option (cheese is pretty high in fat) but as long as you’re eating veggies it doesn’t *really* matter about the rest of it, right? The best veggies to use are bell peppers, onions, corn, and mushrooms. Try a recipe like this one for a tasty meal for one that you can whip up in no time. The main ingredient is avocado, but you can easily add in some other veggies if you’re feelin’ it.

#SpoonTip: Slightly cook the vegetables in the pan first, that way they get a little bit soft. Then when you put them in the quesadilla they’ll cook to just the right amount.