Amidst all of the important work and school emails containing upcoming deadlines and due dates, instant relief occurs when I see that Starbucks has sent me an email with "Happy Hour" in the subject line.

Every time I walk into Starbucks, I get the same thing, a Green Tea Frappuccino with no whip (thanks lactose intolerance!). The only time I don't is when there's a seasonal drink I really like or something I want to try when there's a happy hour going on. These six drinks made me switch up my usual Starbucks routine. 

1. Serious Strawberry Frappuccino

Just like the Berry Prickly Bear Creme Frappuccino, this one's not only pretty to look at, but it's the best on those days where it feels like the sun is trying its very hardest to make you suffer.  Plus, you can't say no to anything with strawberries during the summer. 

2. Teavana® Shaken Iced Piña Colada Flavoured Tea Infusion

Unfortunately, this is about as close as it gets to the typical happy hour minus the alcohol... some people love it and some people don't, but that's what Starbucks' happy hours are for... so you can try new things!

3. Triple Mocha Frappuccino 

This drink is made with layers of whipped cream in it, but it is just too good to pass up on so I take my absolute lifesaver, Lactaid, with it. The whipped cream is infused with white chocolate mocha, dark caramel and cold brew and the rest of the drink is made up of Mocha Frappuccino – can't say no to that now, can you?

4. Teavana® Shaken Iced Peach Citrus Flavoured White Tea Infusion Lemonade

I absolutely love lemonade during the summer (and learning from Beyonce's Lemonade), but adding hints of fruit to it makes it even better during the summer especially when it makes it more peachy and citrusy 😋.

5. Hazelnut Mocha Coconutmilk Macchiato 

Hazelnuts? Uh yes, please. Coconut? Sign me up. Mocha and Macchiato? Can't say no to that. This drink was new for the spring and may be my next go-to (plus it comes hot or iced which is perfect for any day no matter the weather).

6. Green Tea Creme Frappuccino

I couldn't forget to include my absolute favourite in this list to remind you that you need to try this. Like I said, this one's my personal favourite on a 30ºC day, and especially on a half-price frappuccino day. It's also my post-exam reward. Whether you're a fan of matcha or not, this one's always a great alternative to some of the other common coffee flavoured drinks, caramel frappuccinos, and other cold drinks. 

So now that you know what you're trying next Thursday's happy hour, get your mobile order ready at 1:59 pm and start heading to Starbucks at 2 pm!