Looking for somewhere new and delicious to eat? Hit up some of the Memphis food trucks serving tons of delicious cuisines ranging from grilled cheese and sushi to tacos and coffee. The Memphis food truck scene is continually growing, giving us more dining options than ever. Each food truck will post its schedule on social media, so anyone can track down where they will be and at what times.

1. Say Cheese

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

If you’re in the mood for a perfectly crispy and cheesy grilled cheese sandwich, I recommend you go to Say Cheese. These grilled cheese sandwiches are anything but ordinary. Each and every one is amazing, and you cannot go wrong with what you order.

The first sandwich I had from here was the “Cluck Me,” which is stuffed with juicy buffalo chicken, pepper jack, and bleu cheese all in between two slices of toasted sourdough. To complete the meal, you’ll need a cup of their homemade creamy tomato soup or a side of potato chips.

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

To satisfy a sweet tooth, order the “Elvis Italiano.” It’s filled with creamy cookie butter, marscopone cheese, and banana slices inside sourdough bread.

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

And if you want to do sweet and savory, they even make a donut grilled cheese a.k.a. heaven on earth. The “I Donut Care” is not regularly on the menu, so when it is, it’s worth hunting down this food truck just to get this grilled glazed donut with gooey cheddar cheese and sausage links.

2. Sushi Jimmi

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

Sushi Jimmi has some of the best sushi in all of Memphis, but most importantly, he makes the sushi burrito. A sushi burrito, or sushirrito, is a giant roll of sushi that is the size of a burrito. Sushi Jimmi has many different kinds, my favorites being “The 901” and the “Spicy Crunchy.” The 901 is filled with spicy salmon, tuna, crabmix, crunchy masago, cucumber, lettuce, and rice seasoning.

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

If you’re in the mood for something with a kick, go for “The Spicy Crunchy,” which is crabmix, crunchy masago, cucumber, avocado, and purple cabbage. If you really want something that you don’t see on the menu, just ask Chef Jimmi about it and he can probably make it for you as long as he has the ingredients. Once you go to Sushi Jimmi, you’ll be hooked forever.

3. Raw Girls

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

For something fresh and healthy, check out Raw Girls. This is a vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free food truck, so you will feel guilt-free about anything you order from here. They have everything from avocado toast to raw chaga chocolate almond butter ganache.

When you’re in need of something filling that will also give you a boost of energy, order the chaga chocolate espresso. This is a cold, sweet drink made with pressed coffee, almond milk, Siberian chaga, raw cacao, sea salt, vanilla, and coconut nectar. I’ve never had a drink with so many interesting flavors, and I really look forward to tasting more of the beverages from here.

4. Reverb Coffee

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

If you need caffeine to survive, Reverb Coffee has your back. Their menu has all of the basic coffee beverages, along with some specialty drinks. Since I’m a chocolate lover, I ordered Reverb’s version of a mocha.

The Andes Mint Melt latte is a bold and flavorful drink, perfect to get while the weather is still nice and cool. The best part about this drink is the melted pieces of Andes mints in the bottom of the cup.

5. El Mero Taco

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

Being from Texas, I really miss Mexican food. El Mero Taco food truck makes me feel like I am back home in San Antonio. You could easily sit there and devour a million of their savory tacos, but what you seriously need to do is order the chilaquiles verdes. They are hands down amazing.

This dish is a Mexican version of nachos, made with in-house tortilla chips, warm salsa verde, Monterey Jack cheese, and a dollop of Mexican crema and a fried egg on top. I also like to add spicy chorizo to mine for a little kick.

6. Memphis Soft Serve Ice Cream

food trucks

Photo by Diana Davis

Summer is coming, and that means it’s ice cream season. Cool off with a velvety milkshake or choco-dipped cone from Memphis Soft Serve Ice Cream Truck. Beware, this is not your average ice cream truck. The New York City-style soft serve is rich and creamy, but it melts quickly, so you’ll have to accept the fact that your hands and face will get sticky. You also get a bang for your buck here, making this a very dangerous place.

Even though it can be difficult to coordinate your schedule around where these food trucks will be and when they’ll be there, I promise it’s so worth the time and effort. So good luck, and happy eating!