1. Totally Toffee Donut from FunkyTown Donuts

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

FunkyTown Donut’s recently opened a store on Rosedale and they bring a whole new game to donuts. Each donut is unique and will show your taste buds what a real donut is like. Their Totally Toffee donut is perfect for any chocolate loving, sweet craving, donut lover.

2. Challah French Toast with Berries from Bird Cafe

Fort Worth

Photo by Hayden Hane

While Bird Cafe has some pretty decent lunch and dinner menus, their brunch menu is where it is really at. This french toast is one of the things that proves it all.

3. Blue Goat Burger from Rodeo Goat

Fort Worth

Photo by Courtney Heier

If you are craving a burger, you’ll have to go to Rodeo Goat and get yourself one of these burgers. The juicy patty is complimented with blue cheese slaw, caramelized onions, and garlic herb mayo. Rodeo Goat never disappoints, no wonder it is a Fort Worth favorite.

4. Cappuccino from Avoca Coffee

Fort Worth

Photo by Lauren Dooley

Head on over to Avoca Coffee and expect to stay there awhile. Avoca is known for its relaxing ambiance that only a local coffee shop could have. Not only will you enjoy the atmosphere, but the cappuccinos are killer with their taste and creamer designs.

5. Turkey Avocado Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries from Brewed

Fort Worth

Photo by Merissa De Falcis

Brewed is definitely one of the biggest hot spots around Fort Worth, so of course it made it to this list. Grab a friend, coffee, this sandwich (don’t forget the fries) and you have yourself the perfect little lunch date.

6. The Thirteenth Pie from Thirteen Pies

Fort Worth

Photo by David Whinery

The Thirteenth Pie from Thirteen Pie always changes, so you’ll never know what you’ll get. However, it always promises to be the most fantastic and unique pizza you’ll ever eat. This one is has clams on it. Have you ever seen that on a pizza before?

7. Blue Moon Mojito from Mash’d

Fort Worth

Photo by Haley Ribeiro

If you need some drinks after a hard day of work, Mash’d on West 7th is your place to go. Their Blue Moon Mojito is perfectly refreshing and sweet. Check out their happy hour to get all your fave mason jar drinks for way cheaper.

8. Vegan Nachos from Spiral Dinner

Fort Worth

Photo courtesy of @spiraldiner on Instagram

Not even the biggest meat eater can deny these nachos. Spiral Diner proves that eating vegan doesn’t mean losing flavor.

9. Happy Hour at Blue Mesa

Fort Worth

Photo by Haley Ribeiro

Say yes to margaritas and unlimited quesadillas. Not only is the food cheap during happy hour at Blue Mesa, it’s delicious too.

10. German Pancakes from Ol’ South Pancake House

Fort Worth

Photo by Petra Rack

Most say it’s actually best to go to this breakfast restaurant at night in order to satisfy those late night cravings. Nonetheless, these pancakes are good any time of the day.

11. Ice Cream Cone from Melt Ice Cream

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

Found in Fort Worth, Melt Ice Cream is iconic to the area. It’s hard to tell you which flavor to get because they are always changing. However, I promise you cannot go wrong. Plus, you can always try every flavor till you find your perfect match.

12. Texas Waffle from Vickery Cafe

Fort Worth

Photo by Ali McGuigan

Always wanted to have a waffle in the shape of Texas? Well Vickery Cafe is your place. It’s a patriotic breakfast for any true Texan.

13. Lobster Mac & Cheese from MAX’s Wine Dive

Fort Worth

Photo by Ali McGuigan

This is the place to go if you want the delicious combo of lobster and mac & cheese. It’s the perfect amount of cheesy goodness and fresh lobster.

14. The Gus from Cane Rosso

Fort Worth

Photo by Courtney Heier

Cane Rosso is named the “Best Pizza in Dallas” so obviously you have to try it. The Gus includes sausage and mushrooms, which you can never go wrong with.

15. BLT from Righteous Foods

Fort Worth

Photo by Fabiana Stefan

If you are craving a little California while in Texas, Righteous Foods is the place to go. The bright interior makes you feel like you are in the Golden State even on a rainy day. Go for lunch and try their BLT for a healthy take on the classic sandwich.

16. Crazy Burger from Holy Frijole Food Truck

Fort Worth

Photo by Tessa Redmond

Fort Worth’s food trucks always have the best food, and Holy Frijole is no exception. Their Crazy Burger seems to have the name for a reason: it’s crazy good.

17. Bagel Sandwich from Yogi’s Deli and Grill

Fort Worth

Photo by Courtney Heier

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who know and love Yogi’s, and those who have never been there. I promise there is no in-between.

18. Create Your Own Pizza from Pizza Snob

Fort Worth

Photo by Jamie Kenston

You don’t know pizza until you’ve tried Pizza Snob. Located right on TCU’s campus, it’s a fan favorite for all the students. Choose your own cheese, sauce, and toppings to create a one-of-a-kind person to call your own (trust me, you won’t want to share).

19. Brunch at Social House

Fort Worth

Photo by Jamie Kenston

Social House is known for its lively, social atmosphere. So no wonder brunch is the best meal to eat here. Choose between options such as the Breakfast Tacos, Belgian Waffle, or The Elvis (banana waffle with bacon and peanut butter) and enjoy some time with your friends and family.

20. Chicken and Waffles from Fixture

Fort Worth

Photo by Jamie Kenston

You can’t come to Texas without trying chicken and waffles, and there is no better place to go other than Fixture. As you can see, Fixture puts an elegant, modern twist on all of its dishes. You won’t think the same about chicken and waffles ever again.

21. Popsicle from Steel City Pops

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

Before you come to Fort Worth, you may think “popsicles are just popsicles”. But that my friend, is where you are all wrong. Steel City Pops will make you change how you redefine “popsicle”. Choose between any of the creamy popsicles or fruity popsicles to see how a real popsicle is done.

Check out our rankings so you’re prepared next time you go in.

22. French Toast with Fruit from Cafe Brazil

Fort Worth

Photo by Courtney Heier

Cafe Brazil is a must if you are in Fort Worth. Although they have both breakfast and lunch foods, most would say you’ll have to go with the breakfast. This french toast will explain why.

23. Beef Ribs from Woodshed

Fort Worth

Photo by Lauren Dooley

Woodshed’s signature taste is one of a kind, including their ribs. Smokey wood flavors sink deep within the tender meat which pulls apart oh-so easily. All you’ll have left is bone.

In addition, the outdoor patio creates a lively scene that makes you feel like you are having a BBQ party back home. You can even bring your dog to sit outside and eat with you.

24. Fajita Plate from Joe T. Garcia’s

Fort Worth

Photo by Courtney Heier

Joe T.’s is a Fort Worth classic and should definitely be one of the first places you hit up when you come to Texas. There are plenty of Mexican restaurants in the area, but this is one that tops them all. Go for a fajita plate for a flavor packed meal.

25. Donuts from Dough Boy Donuts

Fort Worth

Photo by Ali McGuigan

Getting your hands on Dough Boy Donuts can be a little tricky since they are a food truck always on the move. However, once you do it is worth totally worth every ounce of effort.

26. Sugar Cookie from J. Rae’s

Fort Worth

Photo courtesy of @jraesbakery on Instagram

You don’t know sugar cookies until you’ve been to J. Rae’s by West 7th. Each bite is a little piece of heaven that’ll surely make you crave for more. The sugar cookies designs change by season, but you can always call in an order if you’re desiring something a little special.

27. Tenderloin Tamales from Reata

Fort Worth

Photo courtesy of @neauxsalads on Instagram

If you’re craving a little upscale dining, Reata is the place to go. This ranch-styled restaurant is perfect for any event. Any tamale lover will go berserk over these tenderloin tamales (a starter). They are one of their most popular items for a reason.

28. Tequila Lime Chicken Nachos from Yucatan Taco Stand

Fort Worth

Photo by Scout Wolfe

These nachos will keep you begging for more. Share with a friend (or don’t) to have one of the best dishes on Magnolia.

29. Purple Oreo from Fruitealicious

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

The most refreshing drinks on TCU’s campus come from Fruitealicious. This bubble tea shop is known for their fruity tea drinks, however, their Purple Oreo drink is out of this world. It is made with taro and tastes exactly like an Oreo milkshake. Who doesn’t love that purple color!

30. Tacos from Velvet Taco

Fort Worth

Photo by Tessa Redmond

As you might be able to tell, we take our tacos very seriously in the Fort. Thus, our next stop comes to yet another great taco stand. From Buffalo Chicken to Falafel, this taco stand has something for everyone.

31. Pad Thai from Spice

Fort Worth

Photo by Fabiana Stefan

Located on Magnolia, Spice is one of the all hailing queens of Thai food. Packed with tons of flavor, this place delivers only the best. The Pad Thai is a classic that you’ll have to get your hands on.

32. Specialty Donuts from Papa Yun’s Donuts

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

There is a reason why you have to wake up at the crack of dawn to take your pick from Papa Yun’s Donuts before they sell out: they are down right delicious. Their specialty donuts are only sold on the weekend and change frequently. However, if you have a specific flavor in mind, you can do just about anything by calling ahead an order.

33. Trailer Park Taco and Queso from Torchy’s Tacos

Fort Worth

Photo by Jamie Kenston

Some say that Torchy’s Tacos are one of the bests in town, which I definitely agree with. Although Torchy’s did not start in Fort Worth, it is by far a favorite. So much, that many bring out-of-state family here, along with other places. Their Trailer Park Taco includes a bed of fried chicken (it’s Texas what do you expect) that you will sure devour in seconds.

34. Tacos from Taco Heads

Fort Worth

Photo by Fabiana Stefan

Taco Heads is another taco place that you’ll have to visit when in Fort Worth. There are so many good tacos at this place, I really couldn’t tell you which one to try.

35. Custard from Curly’s Frozen Custard

Fort Worth

Photo by Courtney Heier

There are not many custard places down here in the South. However, Curly’s is one place that lives up to the name of true custard. If you’re anywhere from the North, this place will take you back home.

36. Brisket and Ribs from Last Supper BBQ

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

This food truck is hands down one of the best BBQ places in Fort Worth. You have to get there early before they sell out. It’s that good. Last Supper BBQ is only open on Saturdays, so you have to check their Facebook for updates.

37. Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese Stuffed Grilled Cheese from Gorgonzilla Food Truck

Fort Worth

Photo by Tessa Redmond

Food trucks in Fort Worth always come up with the best, craziest food creations. Gorgonzilla specializes in all kinds of grilled cheese. Try their Pulled Pork and Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese, you can thank me later.

38. Warm Cookies from Tiff’s Treats

Fort Worth

Photo by Ali McGuigan

The best part of these cookies is that you don’t even have to leave your house to get them. Yes, they deliver. Not only do you not have to leave to pick them up, but they are delivered just as warm as they would be if you made them in your own oven at home.

39. Fried Oreos from the State Fair of Texas

Fort Worth

Photo by Emily Nicholson

If you visit Fort Worth during the State Fair (located in Dallas), you have to take the ride over. This iconic fair is known for frying every kind of food you can imagine. Don’t forget to save some room for these Fried Oreos that put regular Oreos to shame.

40. Sushi from Blue Sushi

Fort Worth

Photo by Haley Ribeiro

Blue Sushi is one of the most popular sushi restaurants in Fort Worth. If you’re not the biggest sushi fan, try hitting this place up. The wide variety of sushi fits everyone from the beginner to the most experienced sushi eater.

41. Breakfast Tacos from Melis Taqueria

Fort Worth

Photo by Courtney Heier

Hidden off the main roads you’ll find Melis Taqueria. Although it is not the most popular taco place, it is a Fort Worth gem. Go for some breakfast tacos to see how they really should be done.

42. Chocolate Cake from Stir Crazy Baked Goods

Fort Worth

Photo by Fabiana Stefan

Stir Crazy has some of the best baked goods in Fort Worth. However, its chocolate cake is sure to please any mouth.

43. House-made Cherry Almond Milk from Juice Junkies

Fort Worth

Photo by Elena Levy

This homemade milk from Juice Junkies will make you realize what true wholesome ingredients are really about. It’s the perfect amount of creamy and sweet that will make you feel good inside and out.

44. Macarons from JOY Macarons

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

Ok fine, JOY Macarons isn’t exactly in Fort Worth (it’s close to Dallas). But it’s close enough of a drive that it is a must for any macaron lover. I highly recommend the Pistachio and Salted Caramel flavors.

45. Unlimited Nacho Bar at Chuy’s

Fort Worth

Photo courtesy of ultimateorlando.com

Everyone in the Fort Worth area knows (or should) about the unlimited nacho bar during Chuy’s happy hour. Yes, that unlimited chips, unlimited queso, unlimited everything. For sure one of the best Tex-Mex restaurants in the area.

46. Ice Cream Sandwich at Sweet Sammies

Fort Worth

Photo by Fabiana Stefan

The best ice cream sandwiches in Fort Worth come from Sweet Sammies. Choose between a variety of Blue Bell ice cream flavors and cookies to create your own beautiful masterpiece.

47. Specialty Pizzas from Mellow Mushroom

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

If you are looking for your not-so-average pizza, you’ll have to check out Mellow Mushroom. Their pizzas are topped filled with mouth watering ingredients. If you’re drooling at the picture above, order the Bayou Blue and Red Skin Potato Pie.

48. Banana Nut Waffles from Press Cafe

Fort Worth

Photo by Jordan Fowler

If you are a brunch person, you’ll have to head over to Press Cafe and try these waffles. Almost a combination of breakfast and dessert, you get the best of both worlds.

49. Fried Chicken and Jack Sandwich from East Hampton Sandwich Co.

Fort Worth

Photo by Ali McGuigan

If you are in Fort Worth on a budget, but don’t want to compromise taste this sandwich is your answer. The Fried Chicken and Jack Sandwich proves that sandwiches don’t have to be boring.

50. TCU Donut from Circle Donuts

Fort Worth

Photo by Ashley Peek

Last but not least, you cannot go to Fort Worth without getting yourself a TCU donut from Circle Donuts. Fort Worth bleeds purple and once you visit, you will too.