You probably know Kingston as the place where Queen’s University is, the town with a lot of prisons, or your gas stop between Montreal and Toronto. However, this charming little city has so much more to offer. The many schools, military base, tourism and waterfront have made Kingston a hotspot for great restaurants. Did you know it actually has more restaurants per capita than any other city in Canada? Check out these must try restaurants on your Kingston summer bucket list.

1. The Juniper Café

Kingston

Photo by Naomi Flanagan

If you are in the mood for some delicious coffee and a beautiful view, check out the Juniper Café, which just recently opened in the Tett Centre on King Street. If the sandwiches weren’t enough of a reason to come here, the summer patio with a gorgeous lake view is perfect for a a cold drink with friends.

2. Woodenheads

Kingston

Photo courtesy of Kingston This Week

Located on Ontario Street a few steps away from the waterfront, Woodenheads is a Kingston classic. Their wood-oven pizzas are only one of the many reasons to put Woodenheads on your go-to list. Now that summer is here, the front and back patio are open and ready for business!

#SpoonTip: Grab some gelato after dinner from Mio Gelato which is right next door.

3. Mission Street North

Kingston

Photo by Rosalyn Gambhir

During the hot summer months in Kingston, this food truck needs to be on your eating bucket list. Known for their amazing fish tacos and burritos, you can follow them on Facebook to find out where they will be located that day and go grab some amazing eats.

4. The Ivy Lea Club

Kingston

Photo courtesy of ivyleaclub.ca

Nothing says summer in Kingston like a boat ride through 1000 Islands. Not only does the Ivy Lea Club serve some pretty killer flatbread pizzas, you can sail right up to it. Located East of Gananoque, it’s the perfect pit stop on your day of fun in the sun.

5. Wolfe Island Grill

Kingston

Photo courtesy of turnipseedtravel.com

Wolfe Island is more than just fields and windmills, it’s also the home to a delicious grill right on the water. It’s only a few steps away from the ferry as well as accessible by boat. Their crowd-pleasers include their watermelon salad and grilled risotto balls.