Granola bars epitomize qualities that college students love in food: portable, no mess and cheap. They stand by you through every snacking emergency, from long lectures to midnight munchies. These five bars will have your back no matter what snacking emergency your day might throw at you.

1. The I refuse to be an adult and eat sophisticated food Emergency: Chewy Bars

granola bars

Photo by Nicola Brooks

Chewy Bars are not the powerhouse of protein, but they make us nostalgic for our childhood when scary things like “carbohydrates” weren’t even a thought. With flavors like “caramel popcorn crunch” or “chocolate covered strawberries,” these bars will make you feel like a kid again. For that we will forever hold them close to our hearts and backpacks.

2. The Crap, I have no time for the dining hallEmergency: Clif Bars

granola bars

Photo by Nicola Brooks

To any chronic over-sleeper who loves breakfast, Clif Bars are gifts from the heavens. The unique texture eliminates crumbs, while providing more protein and fiber than the average granola bar. Combine flavors such as “Banana Nut Bread” or “Iced Gingerbread” with coffee and you have a dynamic duo to power you through any lecture.

3. The “I’m about to drown my sorrows in potato chips because Im questioning my life choicesEmergency: Luna Bars

granola bars

Photo by Nicola Brooks

Luna Bars are like Clif Bars’ cool sibling who knows the best thrift shops and has the perfect Spotify playlist. Everything from the packaging to the shape of the bar exudes a calm and collected attitude. Luna Bars pack enough protein to give you the energy to figure out your life and the deliciousness to let you take a moment to decompress.

4. The Ive only been eating pizza latelyEmergency: KIND Fruit + Nut Bars

granola bars

Photo by Nicola Brooks

These GMO and gluten free KIND Bars are the perfect treat to consume after a weekend full of junk food and off campus delicacies. Something about seeing whole almonds just makes us forget the F’real milkshake and Domino’s we indulged in the night before and inspires us to be healthier humans, even if only for a few minutes.

5. The Help, I just worked out but now want to eat my weight in chocolateEmergency: Nature Valley Crunchy Bar

granola bars

Photo by Nicola Brooks

Nature Valley Crunchy Bar is the bar your mother packed in your lunch as a kid that made you feel hippie-chic until you were shunned by your lunch table for the amount of crumbs flying everywhere. These bars will give you that taste of sweet and serving of carbohydrates you’re craving, while keeping you from clearing the shelves of Eagle’s Nest.

Granola bars are a gift to college students everywhere. They fit in any bag and can satisfy any craving. With these five choices, your stomach will never feel empty, no matter what snacking emergency you find yourself in.

Want more ideas for you snacking emergencies? You might also enjoy these suggested reads: