Movies bring on all the feels. Whether you’re laughing until you pee or crying uncontrollably into the night, we’ve all been there. The emotions are so real, in fact, we even feel them when we watch characters eat. There’s something so fundamentally powerful about digging into a meal (even when we only see said meal on the TV screen), that it still elicits incredible emotions — like longing, deep desire, or even disgust.

If you’re anything like me, you’ve definitely stared at that screen more than once and wished you were sharing that divine meal with said characters, or fast forwarded through disgusting looking, gross meal scenes. But let’s make some of those meals into a reality.

Let’s review the good stuff: the food that should have given these films a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score, solely for their drool-worthy dishes.

1. B.L.T. With Runny Egg From “Spanglish”

recreate

Photo by Aubrey Thompson

This sandwich triumphs all sandwiches. It has all the essentials, including well toasted sourdough, melty cheese, crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, Bibb lettuce, and a perfectly runny fried egg. Adam Sandler plays the role of a celebrated chef and dad in the movie, so its fitting to show off his sandwich skills in this scene as he begins his morning at his Malibu beach home. This sandwich is so iconic it was even plastered onto the DVD cover of the film. This is a “no recipe” recipe that begs for some creativity. Find a similar recipe with yummy upgrades of Sriracha, kale, and avocado or stick with the classic recreation.

2. Chocolate croissants from “It’s Complicated”

recreate

Photo courtesy of Instagram @clarksreetbread

If I was envious of anyone’s life over the age of 55, it’s Meryl Streep’s character in “It’s Complicated.” She woos her love interest (Steve Martin) by casually whipping up chocolate croissants in the middle of the night at her ethereal cafe. Croissants may seem daunting with the constant folding and rolling, but not to worry as there are cheat recipes that make equally as delicious buttery, yeast-y goodness like this one with step by step GIFS. No time to make them from scratch? These only have 3 ingredients.

3. Indian-Inspired Omelette From “100-Foot Journey”

recreate

Photo by Aubrey Thompson

This slow-motion scene from this foodie-infused movie, where Indian and French cuisines collide in two extremely talented chefs, will make your mouth water for some yolk-y goodness. Traditional Indian spices such as turmeric, coriander, ginger, and garlic would be unexpected and stellar in any basic omelette. Up your egg game and use this tutorial by the lovely Jamie Oliver and you’ll be an omelette pro in 4 minutes and 46 seconds. Egg-ucate yourself further with these nifty egg tips and tricks.

4. Blue Slushie From “Juno”

recreate

Photo by Aubrey Thompson

I’m not asking you to gulp down a neon blue slushy bigger than your baby nephew, that’d be cruel. You could end up puking in an urn like Juno, and I don’t want that for you. What you should do is take that slushy ice that we all know and love (thank you 7-Elevens everywhere) and pour over this frozen blueberry margarita. Unlike the questionable ingredients in 99 cent slashes, this blue drink is au naturel and requires some solid juicing skills and a blender. Just don’t have too many or you will be puking in someone’s urn and may not remember.

5. Mud Pie Sans Sh*t From “The Help”

recreate

Photo by Aubrey Thompson

Bare with me. Minnie might have served her ex-boss some stank pie, but this Mississippi Mud Pie is one of the best things to come from the deep south. It’s buttery and fudge-y without being too sweet. Do not save bank on the chocolate, go big with a fancy brand that have been voted well to bake up nicely, like Scharffen Berger or Ghirardelli. This recipe is a keeper and is so easy you can make it in your sleep. If you like it sugary sweet go for a milk chocolate. On the darker side? Can’t go wrong with a 62% to 72% cocoa percentage. Add a splash of bourbon or coffee for all you sophisticated mud-piers out there.

recreate

Feast on.