Any New Jersey native knows that New Jersey food conquers all, and there’s no better grub in the Garden State than North Jersey grub. Morris County has some of the tastiest food in the state (and the world, I’d argue) with an eclectic assortment of Mexican, Asian, Mediterranean, Italian, and more.

Here are some of the best places in Morris County, in no particular order:

1. Beignets

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @lindsaypaulen on Instagram

Although its name might make you think of another sweet treat, Beignets is actually the home of Morris County’s best doughnuts. Since they are made to order, the doughnuts are given to you hot, making them 100 times more enjoyable. With flavors like Cannoli, S’mores, and Nutella, it’s pretty impossible to go wrong.

2. The Committed Pig

Morris County

The Committed Pig may be home of the Jersey famous Burger Nut (a burger with a doughnut as a bun), but that’s far from the only thing they do well. They have a crazy good brunch menu, a mac and cheese burger, as well as red velvet fried Oreos. Everything here is gluttonous, but so so worth it.

3. Hapgoods

Morris County

Hapgoods is definitely one of my favorite brunch places around mostly because their french toasts are to die for, especially the banana and pecan french toast. But if french toast isn’t your thing, Hapgoods cooks up great omelettes, sandwiches, and burgers.

4. Wood Stack Pizza Kitchen

Morris County

I love everything about Wood Stack: the ambiance, the vibes, and most importantly the food. Not even a year old, Wood Stack is serving up some of the best pizza around with classic pies as well as some more creative spins like their Lola pie, which comes with guanciale, leeks, farm egg, béchamel, truffle oil, and Pecorino Romano.

5. Denville Dairy

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @vivianlin2 on Instagram

This place is always crowded, and for a very good reason. Denville Dairy makes some damn good ice cream. If you haven’t already given Denville Dairy a try, I highly suggest you do.

6. The Spa Restaurant

Morris County

What seems like an unassuming, typical New Jersey diner from the outside actually houses one of the best salads in the world, the Sammy Salad. Complete with pita, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, tzatziki, and oil and vinegar, this salad is mind-blowing.

7. Tito’s Burritos and Wings

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @titosburritos on Instagram

Tito’s is the answer to all your Mexican food cravings. Whether you opt for tacos, a burrito, or some nachos, there is absolutely no wrong answer. I promise. Pair anything with a Jarritos for a perfect meal.

8. Kabab Paradise

Morris County

As its name suggest, Kabab Paradise is probably the closest to a Middle Eastern paradise any Northern New Jerseyan will ever get. Pretty much everything here is amazing, but I love their gyros and kabab platters a little too much if that’s even possible.

9. Noodle Chu

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @emmmilyc_ on Instagram

A real, hardcore dim sum/authentic Chinese restaurant is pretty hard to come by in North Jersey, with the exception of Noodle Chu. From noodles, to dumplings, to soups, Noodle Chu has it all and does it well, all while keeping it super authentic. Next weekend, ditch your typical brunch spot and head to Noodle Chu for something different.

10. Alfa Bagels

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @whyyoum4d on Instagram

It isn’t a secret that New Jersey does bagels super well, but Alfa Bagels stands out against the rest. Trust me, I eat a lot of bagels, but for some reason Alfa always stays the frontrunner in my mind.

11. Sazon Latino Restaurant

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @voraciousgeek on Instagram

Sazon Latino is the definition of a hidden gem. It does not get more authentic than this Boonton hole-in-the-wall. Just take a look at their 5-star rating on Yelp, which is borderline impossible to achieve.

12. Jockey Hollow Bar and Kitchen

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @dishitgirldina on Instagram

In need of a special occasion restaurant or have your parent’s credit card for the night? Jockey Hollow is your place, specifically their dining room. A four-course meal starts at $81 and a six-course meal starts at $108, but they’re both well worth it. If you’re feeling a little more casual, Jockey Hollow does have an oyster bar that is less expensive, serves lunch and brunch, and is equally as delicious.

13. Morristown Pancake House

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @kcbearclaw on Instagram

For vegans, going out to breakfast is often super complicated: no eggs, no cheese, no meat, no milk. Morristown Pancake House makes vegan breakfast easy with their super vegan-friendly menu. But if the word vegan totally scares you, fear not: this pancake house also has amazing non-vegan options as well as gluten-free choices. The best of all worlds.

14. Mara’s Cafe & Bakery

Morris County

Next time you think you want Panera, think again and head on over to Mara’s. With fresh sandwiches, pastries, and coffee, Mara’s is a better, fresher version of Panera. Their baked goods are to die for, especially their peanut butter and raspberry mousse cakes. They also serve some amazing sandwiches and all-day breakfast options.

15. Urban Fire

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @allytobler on Instagram

Unless you live under a rock, you probably know that New Jersey is known for really good Italian food, especially pizza. Urban Fire, of course, is no exception to this. Keep it simple with a classic Margherita pizza or spice it up with their create-your-own-pie option.

16. Green Seed

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @foodography_by_jess on Instagram

Açaí bowls are the hottest summer food; just check your Instagram feed. Luckily for those of us who live in Morris County, Green Seed hopped on this trend and is now making awesome açaí bowls right in the heart of Denville. But if you aren’t feeling an açaí bowl, they also make great smoothies and juices.

17. Inspiration Roll

Morris County

Don’t feel like traveling to New York City for a sushi burrito? I get it. Sushi burritos are popping up everywhere and Inspiration Roll has one of the best. But if sushi isn’t your thing, they also have some pretty great ramen.

18. Boonton Thai

Morris County

For quite some time, really good, authentic Thai food was hard to come by in Morris County. Boonton Thai has changed that completely. With an extensive menu and loads of vegetarian and vegan options, Boonton Thai is a good fit for everyone and allows for exploration into Thai food past pad thai.

19. Macho Nacho

Morris County

Photo courtesy to @whyyoum4d on Instagram

Macho Nacho has $1.99 tacos. If that isn’t enough motivation for you to get over there, I don’t know what is.

20. Carmel Haifa

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @evgurl68 on Instagram

Looking for authentic Mediterranean food? Look no further. Carmel Haifa has it all from hummus, to shawarma, to falafel. It’s sorta impossible to go wrong.

21. Don’s Sandwich Shop

Morris County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

A small sandwich shop hidden away on the start of Main Street in Boonton, Don’s is your typical mom-and-pop eatery. The husband and wife duo are not only super sweet, but also make a mean Italian sub, along with various other sandwiches.

22. Hunan Taste

Morris County

Photo courtesy of hunantaste.com

Hands down, Hunan Taste makes some of the best Chinese food in Northern New Jersey, if not all of New Jersey. Their food is super authentic, and not Americanized whatsoever. Plus, it’s perfect for big family events, birthdays, or if you’re just feeling a nicer dinner situation.

23. Chili Willies

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @sarad31 on Instagram

What seems like a little hole-in-the-wall in Boonton is actually home to some of the best Mexican food around. Enchiladas, burritos, and fajitas are just some of the best dishes on their extensive and delicious menu.

24. Hot Rod’s Real Pit BBQ

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @cookiesandcups on Instagram

Wow, who knew New Jersey could do BBQ? If you’re feeling indulgent, this is the place for you. Some of the best menu items include bacon-wrapped burnt ends, wings, and pulled pork.

25. Scoop House

Morris County

This is one of my favorite ice cream shops around. Their Campfire S’mores ice cream is to die for (seriously). Ask for any ice cream on top of a waffle and be prepared for the biggest foodgasm ever.

26. Scalini Fedeli

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @more_munchies on Instagram

Scalini Fedeli is perfect for any special occasion. Located inside of a 260-year-old New Jersey farmhouse, this place is classy and rustic with really good Italian food.

27. Coney Island Pizza

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @tbites_ on Instagram

If you haven’t already figured it out, New Jersey and pizza have a great relationship. Coney Island Pizza has amazing pizza, obviously, but they also have insane lemon garlic wood-fired wings. I highly recommend you give this place a try.

28. Rail’s Steakhouse

Morris County

Prior to the opening of Rail’s, a Towaco downtown was virtually nonexistent. Rail’s is convenient, really delicious, and perfect for a night out. I love their fig and bleu flatbread and truffle fries, but of course, their steaks are exceptional.

29. Curly’s Ice Cream

Morris County

Photo courtesy of @mickeycho on Instagram

Curly’s makes amazing, fresh, homemade ice cream that’s perfect for any occasion, but especially a hot summer night. Some of my favorites include Cookie Monster and Chocolate Raspberry.

30. Latin America

Morris County

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This is some of the best Mexican food in Morris County with amazing deals like four tacos for $8 and one of the only Mexican delivery options in the area. Fresh food, good atmosphere, and great location in Boonton are just some of the best things about Latin America.