These are some of the must-eats in Dallas. Whether you live in the Lone Star State or are traveling through, you need to stop at these delicious places. Satisfying both your sweet and savory palate, every dish is truly a masterpiece and one worth experiencing. Trust me, once you try them you’ll never want to leave Texas.

1. Ahi Poke at Velvet Taco

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of 10best.com

#17 on the menu, the Ahi Poke taco is definitely a favorite at Velvet Taco. Fresh, raw, and tangy. Seriously, what could be better than sushi and tacos combined?

2. Pork Ribs at The Slow Bone

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of @bbgsnob on Instagram

There are countless of BBQ places in Dallas, but The Slow Bone is a top contender. You can guarantee yourself that you’ll eat at least a half-slab of ribs… or more.

3. Skittles Sangria at The Common Table

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of @erlenmeyerflask on Instagram

Sangria and skittle are food, right? Taste the rainbow with this fruity drink while enjoying a nice brunch at The Common Table.

4. Cookies at JD’s Chippery

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of @nicolesslaw on Instagram

Located in Snider Plaza, these cookies are what dreams are made of. You can’t go wrong with any type but make sure to eat them warm.

5. Bacon Tasting at Knife

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of knifedallas.com

One piece of bacon is good but five is even better. Chef John Tesar shows (through his food) this is not your average steakhouse but rather a social dining experience.

6. Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit at Whataburger

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of Pinterest.com

This may not be the healthiest meal, but it is one worth the calories. Served on the breakfast menu, this breaded chicken with honey butter sauce will give you a great start to your morning.

7. Fried Chicken at Sissy’s Southern Kitchen & Bar

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of media.culturemap.com

Sissy’s serves all the southern classics, but the fried chicken is to die for. You can get a bucket for just $25, and it is worth every cent.

8. Gooey Butter Cake: The Porch

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of localsugar.com

Butterscotch ice cream. Sea salted caramel. That’s all you need to know about this delectable dessert. So what are you waiting for? Go to The Porch ASAP!

9. Fried Green Tomatoes at Hattie’s Restaurant

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

Served with sour cream and chives, these fried tomatoes from Hattie’s offer a burst of flavor. So eat your veggies while enjoying them at the same time with this dish.

10. Crab Cake Benedict at Villa-O Restaurant

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Enjoy this Villa-O brunch speciality while indulging on bottomless mimosas, Bloody Marys, or frozen sfuzzis for just $10.

11. Margarita Popsicle at The Rustic

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of @therusticdallas on Instagram

The Rustic is known for its home-style cooking and live music, but it’s also popular for its sweet drinks. Perfect for a sunny day (or any other day), this margarita with a popsicle will leave you with a brain freeze and maybe a little tipsy.

12. Beer Biscuits & Gravy at Barbec’s Restaurant

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of thrillist.com

You may think you’ve had good biscuits before, but I bet these will blow your taste buds away. Allrecipes has a beer biscuit recipe, but nothing will beat Barbec’s.

13. Macaroon Gelato Sandwich at Paciugo Gelato & Cafe

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Paciugo offers an assortment of gelato flavors, but the gelato sandwiches are especially delicious. Hugged by two soft macaroons, you won’t regret ordering one of these.

14. Chicken Fried Steak at Ellen’s Southern Kitchen

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of dallasobserver.com

If you want some soul food, Ellen’s is the place to go (and it’s moving to a new location soon).

15. Brisket at Pecan Lodge

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of pecanlodge.com

Offering an array of smoked meats, The Pecan Lodge is another BBQ favorite. Both tender and charred, this brisket has the perfect flavor.

16. Double Dip at The Rustic

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of flicksandfood.com

If you love queso, this appetizer will have you licking the bowl clean. Served with potato chips, it starts off your meal just right.

17. Heavy Handed Blueberry Pancakes at Smoke

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of sidedish.dmagazine.com

Topped with vanilla poached apricots and cream, Smoke lets you have dessert for breakfast. And who doesn’t love that?

18. Guacapotle Burger at Grub Burger Bar

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of grubburgerbar.com

The guacapotle is a signature burger at Grub Burger Bar, and it’s easy to see why. Chipotle aioli, cheddar cheese, and homemade guac makes this one of the best burgers you will find in Dallas.

19. Whiskey Cake at Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of zagat.com

While Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar serves tasty dishes and drinks, it’s the whiskey cake that makes the menu. A toffee torte with bourbon custard and spiced pecans, this dessert will have you love drunk in just one bite.

20. Strawberry Souffle at Rise n°1 Salon De Soufflé

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of @risesouffle on Instagram

French-inspired, Rise n°1 creates incredible soufflés that not only look beautiful but taste good too. This strawberry soufflé is seasonal, so get when you can!

21. Low Country Shrimp & Cheddar Grits at Hattie’s Restaurant

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of entreedallas.com

Hattie’s gives this southern classic a twist with its tabasco-bacon pan sauce. Full of flavor and spice, you’ll never want to eat grits alone ever again. And you can all thank D Magazine for releasing the recipe.

22. Honey Bastard at Cane Rosso

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of @canerosso on Twitter

An off-menu item, the Honey Bastard is an all-time favorite at Cane Rosso. What makes this pizza stand out from others is its two unique (but delicious) ingredients: bacon marmalade and honey habanero.

23. The Drunken Nut at Emporium Pies

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The Drunken Nut is not like any pecan pie you’ve ever tasted. At $5 it’s a little pricey for one slice, but it’s worth every sugary bite.

24. Bacon Cheddar Tots at Public School 214

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of localsugar.com

Don’t let the name fool you. Public School 214 is a gastropub that is schoolroom themed. Served with Sriracha ketchup, these infamous bacon cheddar tots are truly a work of art.

25. Cheese Fries Surprise at Rodeo Goat

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of localsugar.com

Cheesy fries are no surprise, but the amount of food you receive will be. You can be happy that your money is well spent because Rodeo Goat doesn’t hold back on the fries, cheese, bacon or jalapeños.

26. Italian Stallion from Jimmy’s Food Store

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of reddit.com

Jimmy’s Food Store creates a fine selection of Italian food and wine. If you want a meat-packed sandwich, the Italian Stallion is just for you with seven different kinds of meat.

27. Cream of Mushroom Soup from The Grape Restaurant

Best eats in Dallas

The Grape Restaurant is famous for its mushroom soup, which is both creamy and smooth. Just $4 for a cup, it’s the perfect starter to begin your meal.

28. Bacon Lollipops at The Meddlesome Moth

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of @thatdallaslife on Instagram

Meddlesome Moth not only has the city’s best beer menu, but it also has some amazing bacon bites. Placed on skewers, these bacon pops are flavorful, juicy and easy to eat.

29. Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese at Nick & Sam’s Steakhouse

Best eats in Dallas

Photo courtesy of @NickSamsSteak on Twitter

Decadent, creamy, and rich, this course from Nick & Sam’s Steakhouse will make you forget about steak altogether.

30. Cuatros Leches Cake at La Duni

Best eats in Dallas

And ending on a sweet note, La Duni is known for its award-winning dessert: the Cuatros Leches Cake. It’s a vanilla sponge cake soaked in tres leches sauce and topped with meringue…and it is a must try.