Earth Day is just around the corner, so now’s the time to remember food waste (and waste in general) is something worth giving a second thought. Let’s be real: the rule for most desserts is “the bigger the better.” That means more ingredients, more effort to finish the dessert, and ultimately more food that goes into the trash.

So why are we not trying simpler desserts, people? These nine three-ingredient desserts are guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you totally guilt-free about how your snacking habits are affecting the environment.

1. Chocolate-Covered Strawberries

ingredients

Photo by Shannon Carney

Ingredients: Strawberries, melted chocolate, whipped cream

Who says that these bad boys are just for Valentine’s Day? Make these for date night, or even to show how much you love yourself. It’s as easy as chopping off the tops of the strawberries (those are some leafy greens that you don’t want to eat), dunking the rest of the berries in chocolate, and filling the holes with whipped cream. A berry good dessert indeed.

2. “Hot Cocoa” Pops

ingredients

Photo by Shannon Carney

Ingredients: Marshmallows, pretzel sticks, melted chocolate

What is it about eating something off a stick that’s so enticing? Sometimes it’s just too cold for a Popsicle. There, I said it! So when that urge for a portable, delicious snack-on-a-stick strikes, make these winter-inspired treats.

Push a pretzel stick into the base of each marshmallow, dip the marshmallow in melted chocolate, and voilà. A mini version of your favorite winter-time drink, no blizzard required.

3. Peanut Butter Mug Cake

ingredients

Photo courtesy of @celia_dbvil on Instagram

Ingredients: Peanut butter, sugar, egg

Gluten-free friends, rejoice! With this recipe you can get in on the fun, too. This fluffy piece of heaven requires no flour to make and relies on ingredients you definitely already have in your house.

Whether you’re a pastry chef ’round the clock or your watch is currently set to “amateur hour,” you can make this cake. Five minutes in the microwave and this piece of peanut buttery heaven will make you reevaluate every piece of cake you’ve made in an oven until now.

4. Cheesecake Dip

ingredients

Photo courtesy of @eatingliftingsleeping on Instagram

Ingredients: Cream cheese, powdered sugar, Cool Whip

My best friend is a cheesecake fanatic. I made this dip for a New Year’s Eve party, and she raved about it for a solid five minutes. It’s. That. Good.

Who wants to go to The Cheesecake Factory and deal with the wait for a table and people and ugh. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather stay in my pajamas and eat this dip straight from the bowl… which I would definitely recommend. Try ordering another slice of cheesecake after making this dip, I dare you.

5. Soda Floats

ingredients

Photo courtesy of @his.mermaid on Instagram

Ingredients: Soda, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream

This treat has the added bonus of supplying a hit of classic nostalgia. Ever wish you could go to a vintage soda counter and order one of these babies? Now you can.

The best part is that nearly any soda would work for this dessert: root beer, cream soda, orange soda (hello, Creamsicle!). With just three ingredients, a creamy treat is just seconds away. All that’s left to do is find a bendy straw…

5. Pretzel Caramel M&M Bites

ingredients

Photo by Shannon Carney

Ingredients: Pretzels, caramel candies, M&Ms

The name might be a mouthful, but these desserts are bite-sized and ready to go. Growing up, these desserts were at every pool party/grad party/birthday party/etc. and they were all gone within the first five minutes of the event. The best part is, you have a good amount of leeway when it comes to customizing these snacks.

Usually, people make these treats with Rolo candies. Don’t have any? You can use Milky Ways, Snickers, hell, I’m sure you could even use your leftover Easter candy. Same goes for the M&Ms — in the picture above, I used peanut M&Ms, but anything goes. Just try not to eat them all before you can get them off the tray.

6. Frozen Banana Bites

ingredients

Photo courtesy of @emmajstubbs on Instagram

Ingredients: Bananas, peanut butter, melted chocolate

Satisfy your inner Bluth with this recipe. One banana goes a long way with this dessert: — just chop it up, slather on some peanut butter, and coat the outside with melted chocolate. Then pop ’em in the freezer to let the chocolate harden.

Once all that frozen magic has set in, you’re left with the perfect topping for your ice cream, puddings, cakes… the list goes on, really. Or you could just eat them plain, if that’s more your style. Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.

7. Upgraded Rice Krispie Treats

ingredients

Photo courtesy of @michiforniagirl on Instagram

Ingredients: Rice Krispies, marshmallow fluff, mix-in of choice

An oldie, but a definite goodie. Everyone knows that homemade versions of childhood treats are much better than their packaged counterparts, and these Rice Krispie Treats are no exception.

You know the drill: melt the fluff, mix in with the cereal, and press into a pan. Then add in a candy or cookie crumble of your choice. Easier than saying “snap, crackle, pop!”

8. Cup O’ Dirt

ingredients

Photo courtesy of @papajm25 on Instagram

Ingredients: Pudding, Oreos, gummy worms

Sure, Mom never let us play in the dirt as kids, but this college. You can do whatever you want now. This schoolyard classic is perfect for busy students and fun to eat.

There’s something about the creamy chocolate pudding and Oreo crunch that’s so irresistible — and it gets even better with the fruity, chewy gummy worms. Plus, if chocolate isn’t your thing, the chocolate pudding can be easily swapped out for vanilla. Cup O’ Sand sounds just as good to me!

9. S’mores Dip

ingredients

Photo courtesy of @adamprieto29 on Instagram

Ingredients: Graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate chips

Don’t you hate when you have a hankering for s’mores, but no fire to roast your marshmallows? I deal with this problem on a daily fairly regular basis, so this recipe has been a godsend.

All you have to do is line a pan with graham crackers, layer your chocolate chips and marshmallows, and pop the pan in the oven. It’s quick, easy, and gets bonus points for technically being a finger food. There’s always time for a campfire with this desserts. It’s just up to you whether or not you want to include the scary stories.