Have you ever heard the terms "winter body" and "summer body"?  A lot of people truly want to get in shape for the summer, yet wonder how to do so. The answer is to cook your own nutritious, easy meals. The following meals are easy, irresistible, and take 30 minutes or less to make. By utilizing these recipes, healthy eating will be easier than ever.  

#SpoonTip: Do not push yourself too much. Remember that you can eat healthy but still have your cake too.

1. Teriyaki-Glazed Salmon

meat, vegetable, barbecue, chicken breast, pork, sauce, grilled salmon, steak, fillet, chicken, fish
Laura Palladino

This recipe is super easy, and the salmon can even be prepared while you are studying. The only two ingredients needed are a filet of salmon and Soy Vay Marinade and Sauce.  The Veri Veri Teriyaki flavor is my personal favorite, but there are a ton of other varieties for you to try.

To make the salmon, put the filet in a ziplock bag with a tablespoon or two of the teriyaki sauce. Let the marinated fish sit in the fridge for some time. The longer you let it sit, the more flavorful your dinner becomes. While the fish is marinating, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Once the oven is preheated, put the salmon in on a greased pan or piece of tin foil and cook for 15-20 minutes.

#SpoonTip: You can check if the salmon is done by cutting it in the middle and testing whether it is cooked thoroughly.  

This delicious recipe is my personal favorite easy meal when I'm lazy, and is best served with brown rice, steamed broccoli, and extra teriyaki sauce of course. Not a fan of salmon? No problem. You can use chicken or another fish like tilapia. 

2. Cauliflower Fried Rice

Cauliflower fried rice is super easy to make, and one of my favorite carbohydrate substitutes.  First, you need a head's worth of riced cauliflower, which you can buy pre-chopped from grocery stores like Trader Joe's. You can also prepare your cauliflower yourself using a food processor.  

To make the fried rice, first cook your protein (chicken, shrimp, tofu, etc.) on a greased pan over medium heat. Then, put this aside as you add a tablespoon of sesame oil and a little crushed fresh garlic, and sauté with your favorite vegetables. I prefer to add half of an onion, peas, carrots, and edamame.  

Once the vegetables are softened a little and the onion has started to brown, add the cauliflower rice. Stir fry this with 2 or 3 tablespoons of soy sauce to taste.

When the rice has softened a little, make a well in the middle of the pan and add 2 eggs. Make sure you mix the eggs frequently for even cooking. Once the eggs are cooked, mix them in with the rest of the rice and add your protein back into the pan. This dish will have a very similar taste and consistency to normal fried rice and is best garnished with some green onion.  

3. Zucchini Noodles ("Zoodles")

Lastly, you should definitely try zucchini noodles (or "zoodles"). These are the perfect substitute for pasta if you're trying to eat clean. You can either buy the noodles prepared at the grocery store or make your own at home. Personally, I would suggest store-bought noodles to save you time and effort. 

First, cook your protein in a greased pan on medium heat until it's almost cooked. I prefer to add chicken breast into this dish,because it absorbs any sauce that you add. Once your protein is almost ready, add your zoodles to the pan, and cook until they are soft (but not mushy), and have a similar consistency to spaghetti. Then, add your sauce and toppings. I prefer to add halved cherry tomatoes and either a pesto or vodka sauce. Feel free to add any sauce or vegetables you desire, though.

These healthy recipes are super easy to cook, take little time, and need very few ingredients. Try them all to be the healthiest version of yourself this summer.