I am Debbie from “The Girls’ Room” because eggs are one of my favorite foods on this planet. Eggs taste delicious, they look delicious and they’re pretty darn high in protein, so they keep my ravenous appetite at bay on any given morning.

dancing animated GIF

But like all things that seem too good to be true (and are), eggs have a dark side. Since they’re known for being high in cholesterol, it’s probably not wise to eat an egg or two every single day.

If you have a hard time coming up with healthy breakfast options for those mornings when you don’t think eggs are a smart choice, we’ve got you covered. Once you try one of these delicious bad boys, you just might break up with your eggs for good.

1. Cinnamon and Banana Breakfast Cookies

breakfast

Photo by Maia Vernacchia

Yes, you can have cookies for breakfast, and not just because Mom isn’t there to say no.  The recipe calls for nut butter instead of regular butter, so you get a nice protein boost. Get the recipe here.

2. Brûleéd Grapefruit

breakfast

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Grapefruit is know for its high levels of vitamin C and its ability to stifle cravings. When you broil or bake these citrus globes, the juiciness takes on a whole new level. Just be aware of how much sugar you’re adding. Check out the recipe here.

3. Banana Peanut Butter Granola Bars

breakfast

Photo by Alex Tom

Homemade granola > store bought granola. Always. These homemade granola bars will make your mouth water when you enjoy them on the go or savor each chunky bite. These are probably some of the healthiest granola bars you’ll ever eat, and they are seriously delicious.

4. Green Smoothie

breakfast

Photo by Kathryn Stouffer

Spinach is the not-so-secret ingredient in this smoothie, which adds a huge variety of vitamins and antioxidants to the drink’s nutrition. Since there’s also fruit in the mix, it won’t be like drinking straight vegetables. Don’t knock it ’til you try this recipe.

5. Overnight Oats

breakfast

Photo by Gabby Phi

Overnight oats are beautiful because they’re delicious, healthy and stupid easy to prepare. As long as you stick to one or two fruits and avoid sugary add-ins (like jelly or chocolate chips), this option is a fantastic morning go-to. Learn the basics of overnight oats here.

6. Frozen Greek Yogurt Banana Poppers

breakfast

Photo by Abigail Wilkins

You’re coating fruit in Greek yogurt, so of course this is a no-brainer health food. And with only two ingredients, you have no excuse not to try them. It’s froyo for breakfast. You don’t have to tell me twice. Here’s the easy recipe.

7. Mango and Coconut Chia Seed Pudding

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Giulianna Gadelha

Chia seeds are a superfood because they are high in fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids (plus a bunch of other good things that do wonders for your bod). While you can try this recipe to start, feel free to play with different types of milk and fruit to find the best combo for you.

8. Loaded Apple Slices

breakfast

Photo by Mulin Xiong

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? Follow this recipe for a sweet, healthy breakfast. If you want to make it super healthy, you could hold off on the chocolate chips – but I wouldn’t recommend that.

9. Hawaiian Pizza Bites

breakfast

Photo by Ruchika Agarwal

On the days when you don’t have leftover pizza, make these pizza bites. Not only is this basic recipe gluten-free, but it also uses Canadian bacon as a healthy bacon alternative. The sweetness of the pineapple balances out the meal nicely so it’s not too salty for b-fast.

10. Peanut Butter and Banana Toast

breakfast

Photo by Grace Goettman

Bananas and peanut butter are almost as perfect together as peanut butter and jelly. This is a breakfast option for those with a sweet tooth, and because it is packed with protein (thanks peanut butter) it will keep you full until lunch. Sprinkle with cinnamon for a kick. Other banana toast combos here.

11. Chia and Flaxseed Microwave Oatmeal

breakfast

Photo by Becky Hughes

If chia pudding isn’t your style, try chia oatmeal. And you can make this in your microwave. Perfection. Get the easy recipe here.

12. Avocado Toast

breakfast

Photo by Becky Hughes

If you haven’t tried this before, you’re probably in the minority. Avocados are loaded with healthy fats and are so tasty. Learn how to make the perfect avocado toast here.

13. Grilled Strawberry Parfait

breakfast

Photo by Grace Bodkin

Similar to the idea of broiled grapefruit, this recipe grills strawberries to enhance their natural flavors. And you will not believe the juiciness of grilled strawberries. But if grilling is too much effort, sautée them in a pan over the stove for a similar effect.

14. Frozen Matcha Green Tea Smoothie

breakfast

Photo by Stephanie Nguyen

This is a different kind of green smoothies – there’s no spinach here. This smoothie is green thanks to matcha powder. Matcha is a powdered form of green tea and apparently it has way more antioxidants than normal green tea. Booyah. An easy and healthy breakfast you can slurp down on the go.

15. Raspberry Breakfast Popsicles

breakfast

Photo by Lily Allen

Popsicles for breakfast sounds like my kind of morning. This recipe uses Greek yogurt and fresh fruit, so you know you’re getting the protein and vitamins you need. In just five simple steps, you can have these for breakfast almost all week. Just do it already.

16. Quinoa Oatmeal

breakfast

Photo by Jill Langin

The time will come when you run out of chia seeds and instant oatmeal packets. Instead of panicking, use quinoa as an oatmeal base. This breakfast packs a mean protein punch, especially when you add the peanut butter and almond milk. You won’t be hungry for a while with this one.

17. Vegan Oreo Pancakes

breakfast

Photo by Abigail Wang

This recipe isn’t the simplest one in the book, but it’s totally worth it for a stack of creamy, chocolatey pancakes you don’t need to feel guilty about devouring. It’s a tad sugary to be the healthiest option on this list, but it’s much better for you than some other waffle or pancake batters. This is one to save for company.

18. Coffee Protein Smoothie

breakfast

Photo by Ashton Caudle

With this easy drink, you can drink your coffee and eat it, too. Throw some coffee, bananas and protein powder into a blender and voila. A caffeinated, protein-rich option for mornings when a Starbucks run isn’t possible.

19. Banana Coffee Chip Cookies

breakfast

Photo by Zoe Holland

More cookies for breakfast! If I didn’t convince you the first time, here’s my second push. You need to try these yummy bad boys that combine dessert, coffee and chocolate into one incredible morning option. Almond butter and bananas keep the health levels in-check.

20. Pumpkin Spice Granola

breakfast

Photo by Maggie Gorman

There’s no law that says you can only enjoy pumpkin during the fall, so whip up a batch of this pumpkin spice granola. Its secret ingredient is quinoa, which is a protein-rich superfood. Pair this with milk or cereal, or nosh on it by itself. Get the recipe here.

21. Almond Butter Protein Balls

breakfast

Photo by Keni Lin

You’ve never seen protein balls like these ones before. This smart breakfast is nutty, chocolatey and chock-full of protein, so you’ll be feeling full until lunch. Bonus: These are super easy to make and require only four ingredients. You’re crazy if you don’t whip up a batch tonight.