Just like there’s an app for everything, now there’s also a kitchen gadget for everything. Want fancy ice cubes? There’s plenty of weird ice cube trays. Want to slice your avocado all at once? Also a tool for that. You may not necessarily need these kitchen gadgets for your life to go on, but you know you want them.

1. Apple Corer and Slicer

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @gracehop on Instagram

I really did almost buy this for myself once. I used to be obsessed with apples, and this seems so cool and handy. But it saves just 30 to 60 seconds of my time. Worth the 9 bucks? Up to you.

2. Avocado Slicer

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @slice_it_easy on Instagram

Once again, this is totally something I would want. It just looks so cool and easy. But I just use a knife to slice an avocado in half, take out the core, and then cut it into pieces.

3. Building Block Ice Cube Tray

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @kell5000 on Instagram

Lego ice cubes (or in this case crayons) are super cool, and I could totally see this as a Christmas present. However, they are actually just as efficient as rectangular ice cubes.

4. Can Crusher

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @moldovankuiper1 on Twitter

I mean, you could also just step on it, but where’s the fun in that?

5. Cherry Pitter

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @halloweenchikk on Instagram

Once again, I actually have a cherry pitter at home, but it only pits one at a time, and I still thought that was crazy to have. This takes it to the next level. Who needs to pit so many cherries so urgently? I can’t even think of an answer to that.

6. Corn Kernel Stripper

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @forelocktransir on Twitter

Ever since I had braces, I’ve always preferred my corn off the cob. It gets in your teeth so easily when you eat it on the cob. So I usually use a knife to cut it right off. Would it be cool to have a corn kernel stripper? Yeah, it sure would, but a knife works just as well.

7. Cream Whipper

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @auboisenchante on Twitter

I actually do want this. You put homemade whipped cream in it and it comes out like a store-bought can. But do I need it? Absolutely not.

8. Cupcake Corer

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @camila_importados on Instagram

I love coring cupcakes to fill them with things, no doubt. My favorite are these cookie dough-stuffed chocolate cupcakes I make, where I fill them with cookie dough. And I have a cupcake corer, because I have way too many kitchen tools. But, a paring knife will do the same job.

9. Egg Separater

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @tovolo_singapore on Instagram

This looks real cool, but your fingers can do the same thing.

10. Engraved Rolling Pins

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @cybrbrd on Twitter

These are seriously so cool. I mean, look at that flower pattern. Not only does a rolling pin still do the job, but you can even use a water or wine bottle.

11. Grease Shield

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @norprowebstore on Twitter

The one thing I can think of that this would be especially helpful for is bacon. I actually use an oven mitt when holding the pan because the grease gets everywhere. Substitutes for this? Just about anything in your house. Or you could just clean it up…

12. Jar Opener

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @holly.anne__ on Instagram

Maybe useful for the really tricky jars, but your hands can do the exact same thing.

13. KitchenAid Beater Attachment with Flex Scraper

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @bakernbarista on Instagram

This Kitchenaid beater attachment comes with a flexible edge that scrapes the side of the bowl for you, so you never need to scrape the sides of the bowl yourself. This actually sounds really awesome, but a spatula works too.

14. Microwave Popcorn Popper

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @thewhickerbill on Instagram

I actually got this for my dad, and I think it’s awesome. It’s a great way to get air-popped popcorn, therefore not using oil. But could you just use a stovetop? Yes, you could.

15. Pancake Pen

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @xmeganrose on Instagram

Guilty, I have this. I know, I have a lot of these. To be honest though I haven’t pulled it out in a while. I use it Christmas morning to make cool shapes, but it’s not a necessary part of your culinary experience.

16. Penis Chocolate Mold

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @henry_jeffries on Twitter

Because why not?

17. Watermelon Slicer Corer and Server

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of @tools_market on Instagram

This looks so cool, it really does. But on the other hand, it doesn’t even look easier than slicing the watermelon. Plus, I think a lot of watermelon would go to waste here. Overall, a want, but definitely not a need.

It’s true that all these gadgets would make our lives easier, or cooler. However, it’s comical how totally unnecessary they are. That being said, I’ll still admit to having many of these myself. Whoops.