According to Glamour magazine, 97% of women feel hatred towards their bodies at least once a day. 40% of newly identified cases of anorexia nervosa are in girls ages 15 to 19. 68% of college-aged men believe they have too little muscle. 20 million women and 10 million men in the U.S. will suffer from a clinically-significant eating disorder in their lifetime, and many more will experience disordered eating or exercise patterns.

The week of February 21-27 is the National Eating Disorder Awareness Week (#NEDAwareness Week). The goal is to spread awareness of the seriousness of eating disorders and clear up misconceptions in order to help people spot disordered eating behaviors before they become serious. Seems like a lofty goal, right?

Don’t worry. Here are 7 super easy ways that you can get involved.

1. Check yourself

disorder

Photo courtesy of nedawareness.org

A lot of people who suffer from disordered eating or exercise don’t know it. Take this 3 minute screening to make sure you’re in check. Then, share it with your friends and loved ones.

2. Become aware

disorder

Photo courtesy of paradigmmalibu.com

Read, ask questions, and learn about eating disorders. Stigma and myths clutter our perceptions, so get the facts. You can start here.

3. Post a selfie

disorder

Photo by Erin Thomas

Here’s your reason to post that cute selfie from last week. Throw in a statistic and #NEDAwareness and #LoveYourSELFie.

4. Share a mantra

disorder

Photo by Erin Thomas

Grab some post-its and spread some positivity. You never know who it will make a difference for. Try some of these positive affirmations and post them in public places like bathrooms or elevators.

“You are enough.”

“You are good stuff.”

“You can be healthy at any size.”

“You are worthy of love, respect, and admiration.”

5. Text your friend

disorder

Photo by Erin Thomas

Text a friend who seems overwhelmed or stressed and encourage them to try some self-care. Send them a cute puppy video, suggest a few minutes of mindfulness, or just remind them to take breaks.

6. Be an ally

disorder

Photo by Erin Thomas

Look out for your friends and family by knowing what to look for. Here are the National Eating Disorders Association’s 7 Signs Your Friend Or Loved One Might Be Struggling with an Eating Disorder.

7. Share

disorder

Easy as the click of a button. Find an interesting article – maybe even this one – and share it on your Facebook page. Need help? Try this one or this one. Oh, and this one too.

Even if you only post a selfie with #NEDAwareness, you are adding to a community of support for those around you. Radiate positivity, take care of your friends and loved ones, and spread awareness about eating disorders. Let’s make this the best NEDAwareness Week ever!