Let me describe an idyllic setting for you: you’re sitting outside, perhaps by a body of water. You’re enjoying the view, and you’re eating some delicious, fresh seafood. Sounds nice, huh? In order to make that fresh, delicious seafood a little more tangible, I’m providing you with a list of scrumptious recipes that will take you right to the shoreline – you better get cookin’ before summer washes away.

1. Spicy Tuna on Crispy Rice

Photo by Stacey Sun

I just threw a private dinner in my house – yes, my house because I made spicy tuna on crispy rice. The flavorful fish and the simple rice base is a great combo, so you really can’t go wrong.

2. Ceviche

Photo by Lexa Rowland

This refreshing South American dish consists of chopped tilapia mixed in with lime and avocado. Did someone say avocado? I’m in.

3. Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl

Photo by Angela Pizzimenti

This bowl combines rice, raw veggies, and raw tuna. It just makes me want to sit by the beach in Hawaii and do yoga. Namaste, Poke Bowl.

4. Baked Salmon with Lemon

Photo by Gregoire Durand

It’s basic, but it’s good. If you love salmon, this version seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil, oregano, and lemon will satisfy your cravings.

5. Grilled Calamari 

Photo courtesy of Alpha on flickr.com

Just as good as fried, but healthier. In addition to its surprisingly amazing taste, squid boasts many health benefits. It contains the mineral phosphorus, which stimulates calcium and helps strengthen your teeth and bones.

6. Clam Chowder

Photo by Karen Nolan

This wicked good chowdah will take you right to New England. This recipe was taken from one of my favorite seafood spots in Boston, MA, so you know it’s legit.

7. Shrimp Paella

Photo by Christina Robinson

The saffron rice, which consists of white rice, saffron spice, onions, and broth makes a great flavor base, and it helps the shrimp and vegetables blend in well.

8. Black Miso Cod

Photo by Amanda Wahlstedt

Make this famous Nobu dish right in your own home.

9. Steamed Mussels

Photo by Karsten Moran

Get buff with this seafood. In this recipe, the white wine and garlic add an especially delicious flavor to the mussels.

10. Shrimp Cocktail

Photo courtesy of @eastendeats27 on Instagram

My favorite non-alcoholic cocktail. In this classic seaside appetizer, the sauce adds a spicy tang to the shrimp.

11. Pesto Salmon Spaghetti

Photo courtesy of The Kitchen Accomplice on flickr.com

Pesto + salmon + spaghetti= a majestic combination.

12. Tilapia Tacos

Photo by Marissa Arnett

This fresh and light Mexican-inspired recipe is fuego. This dish makes for a nutritious meal because it hits all of the main food groups – a starch (tortilla), a protein (tilapia), and vegetables (cabbage, carrots, avocado, and tomatoes).

13. Lobster Roll

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

There’s arguably nothing better in the summer than a great lobster roll. This roll ditches all of the added mayo and keeps the lobster pure and fresh with its simple butter coating.

14. Grilled Swordfish

Photo courtesy of Ralph Daily on flickr.com

The lemon, mint, and basil seasoning in this recipe add a refreshing kick to the meaty fish.

15. Salmon Sushirito

Photo by Lily Lou

Whoever thought of this was a genius. In addition to the whole idea of sushi being eaten like a BURRITO (woah), it actually makes it easier for the chef (aka you) because you don’t have to chop the roll into little pieces. Score.

When you’re looking to make a nice seafood dinner, these recipes will do the job. Although they go great with summer, it doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t make them once it gets a little colder out. After all, a love affair with seafood can be endless because, like Kanye says, “Waves don’t die.”