Lunch is arguably the best meal of the day – it’s usually accompanied with a break, socializing, and it gives you the energy to continue your day. Whether you’re going to work, class, or a picnic with friends, you’ll be able to scoot out the door in no time with a lunch in your hand with these make-ahead recipes.

1. Burrito Bowl

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Grant Sorbo

Make your own Chipotle burrito bowl in a mason jar so that it’s super easy to transport.

2. Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil, and Ham Pasta Salad

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Max Bartick

Once again, mason jars make for the perfect portable lunches. And they’re just cute. Try making this delicious pasta salad in one.

3. Vegetarian Stew

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Abigail Galyon

You can make this vegetarian stew for dinner and eat the leftovers for lunch or just make a batch and eat off of it all week. Either way, it makes for the perfect rainy day lunch.

4. Deconstructed Sushi

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Gabby Phi

This portable sushi lunch is healthy and delicious. Add some meat for some extra protein.

5. Israeli Salad

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Steven Shaltiel

Make this delicious Israeli salad ahead and then pop it in a mason jar or Tupperware to take to go.

6. Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Apple Farro Salad

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Katherine Baker

This farro salad is super healthy and can be made in 10 minutes.

7. Brussel Sprouts With Pine Nuts and Bacon

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Alison Weissbrot

Don’t listen to what the haters say, Brussels sprouts are simply amazing. Plus, bacon makes everything better.

8. Baked Salmon

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Yonatan Soler

This baked salmon is super easy to make-ahead and you can spruce it up with some veggies or rice.

9. Lemon Quinoa with Peas

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Kelda Baljon

Quinoa is packed with protein and makes for a healthier alternative to pasta for lunch.

10. Curry Chicken Salad

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Ashleigh De Simone

Spice up the lunchtime staple with this curry chicken salad recipe.

11. Vegetable Tofu Stir-Fry

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Katherine Baker

Make this veggie tofu stir-fry instead or ordering Chinese takeout, the ginger sesame sauce is amazing.

12. Chicken Fajita Salad

make-ahead lunch

Photo by AmiLin McClure

This chicken fajita salad is perfect to make-ahead and is dairy-free.

13. Mac n’ Cheese

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Why not stick to the classics and have some good ole mac n’ cheese for lunch. Lucky for you, you can make this mac n cheese in a mug before-hand and then just take it with you when it’s time to go.

14. Tomato Gazpacho

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Helena Lin

Make this tomato gazpacho in your blender in five minutes. Plus, you won’t have to worry about re-heating it later.

15. Arugula, Brie, and Mushroom Pasta

make-ahead lunch

Photo by Judy Holtz

Make this arugula and mushroom pasta for dinner and then use the leftovers for lunch the next day.