Believe it or not, summer is just around the corner. That means it’s time to start thinking about what to pack in your beach bag. A new bathing suit, maybe? Some sunscreen for sure.

beach

But don’t forget to bring some snacks to power you through those long hours of strenuous tanning. These beach-friendly foods will make sure you have the best cooler on the beach.

#SpoonTip: Check out these nine foods to help maximize your tan!

1. Banana and Nutella Greek Yogurt Bark

beach

Photo by Maria Serghiou

When the 3 p.m. beach hunger strikes, you want a snack that will fill you up without bloating your beach bod. With this treat, you can have it all — sweetness from the bananas and Nutella, combined with the healthy properties of Greek yogurt.

2. Margarita Ice Pops

beach

Photo by Kristen Carlstrom

Drinks on the beach are expensive, so why not BYOB with this boozy popsicle recipe? It might be summer, but with these pops, you’ll feel like it’s spring break forever.

3. DIY Fruit-Infused Ice Pops

beach

Photo by Rafi Lezter

Keep your cool with these chilly treats. It’s easy to make pops in every flavor, from sangria to key lime.

4. Infused Water

beach

Photo by Nooreen Ismail

After a few hours in the sun, you definitely need to rehydrate. Why drink boring H2O when you can sip on these fruit-infused recipes? The bonus? These refreshing drinks can improve your skin, immune system, digestive system, and more.

5. Orange Peel Jell-O Shots

beach

Photo by Judy Holtz

It might be too early in the day for real shots, but still say cheers to summer with this daytime fruity shooter. Feel like getting creative? Try different Jell-O flavors in different fruits (we recommend watermelon in a lime peel).

6. Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas

beach

Photo by Keni Lin

There’s always money in the banana stand. These are basically popsicles, but a whole lot healthier. Try out this natural dessert, and you’ll never go back to its sugar-filled sister.

#SpoonTip: Customize your dessert with toppings from sliced almonds to coconut shavings to M&Ms. The pantry is your oyster.

7. Cayenne Spiced Chocolate-Covered Frozen Berries

beach

Photo by Mulin Xiong

When the beach haze starts to set in, wake yourself up this sweet snack’s unexpected kick. The cayenne and chocolate work together perfectly to create a treat that has just enough bite.

8. Mimosa Smoothies

beach

Photo by Sammie Ho

Your favorite cocktail isn’t just for Sunday brunch anymore — make it beachworthy by blending it with frozen fruit instead of ice (add pineapple to make it #tropical). Put it in a thermos to keep it cool, and sip all day long.

9. Krabby Patty

beach

Photo by Natalie Choy

Inevitably, at some point you’re going to want some real food during your beach day. Whether it’s the Fourth of July or a random day in August, you can’t go wrong with a classic cheeseburger. At the beach you’re already pretty close to Bikini Bottom, so if you have a grill, why not make it a Krabby Patty?

10. Cookie Butter-Covered Frozen Candy Bar

beach

Photo by Kirby Barth

You’ll need something sweet to complement the savoriness of that burger, so make this dessert by drizzling some cookie butter over frozen pieces of your favorite candy bar. The sweeter and more sugar-coma-inducing, the better.

11. Upgraded Lemonade

beach

Photo courtesy of Hardly Housewives

We know, the last thing you want is flashbacks to dozens of cars driving by your lemonade (hey, Beyonce) stand without even slowing down to look. But these lemonade recipes (from roasted peach to jalapeño) are so adult that you won’t even think about the #tbt.

12. Raspberry Breakfast Popsicles

beach

Photo by Lily Allen

Getting an early start? Kick off your day at the beach with these popsicles, full of protein and healthy fat to give you enough energy to last from sunrise to sunset.

13. Frozen Thin Mints

beach

Photo courtesy of delicouslyyum.com

If you have any leftovers from Girl Scout cookie season, take advantage of their potential to become the perfect frozen snack. Freeze the Thin Mints you (somehow) haven’t eaten yet, pack in a cooler, and enjoy from the comfort of your lounge chair.

14. Sangria

beach

Photo by Krysten Dorfman

It doesn’t get more summery than this classic drink. Take advantage of all the seasonal produce while still getting your beach buzz on. Try these summery variations and pack a pitcher (or two) to share.

15. Coconut Water

beach

Photo by Hailey Maher

If you’re lucky, you’ll find a coconut stand on the beach this summer, where you can drink the hydrating beverage straight out of the coconut (and then eat the buttery, white flesh when you’re done). If not, be sure to pack a few bottles of the stuff in your bag to rehydrate with some flavor. There are so many amazing brands, from Naked to Harmless Harvest, you should try.

Be sure to pack these snacks to bring your beach day from meh to mouth-watering, and you’re sure to have the best day at the shore.