Guy Fieri has visited his fair share of restaurants on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, but we narrowed it down to these 14 spots in the Bay Area for you to check out. From food trucks to renovated garages, these spots are both unique and full of good food, so don’t be shy to dig in and grab a greasy bite, and don’t forget the napkins!

Nopalito

food

Photo courtesy of @nopalitosf on Instagram

This Mexican kitchen serves up sustainable and organic food at its two locations, changing the menu daily to showcase fresh ingredients. In addition to tacos, enchiladas, and tamales, Nopalito makes fresh paletas and Mexican cold brew, perfect for the summer months.

Koja Kitchen

food

Photo by Caroline Hashagen

KoJa is a special Korean and Japanese fusion sandwich with fried garlic rice buns. Initially just available from a food truck in 2011, Koja Kitchen now offers a more extended menu at their restaurant. Choose from inventive items such as teriyaki tacos, short rib koja, and the famous kamikaze fries. These aren’t your average waffle fries as their topping is korean bbq beef, kimchi, mayo, red sauce, and green onions.

The Front Porch

food

Photo courtesy of thefrontporchsf.com

This cozy eatery offers Southern style comfort food either for dinner, or brunch on the weekends, all in a repurposed garage. You can’t go wrong with the spicy shrimp and grits, blue crab hushpuppies or a large order of beignets. If you’re looking for soul food, this is the place to go.

Tommy’s Joynt

food

Photo courtesy of Tommysjoynt.com

Famous for their roast turkey, this restaurant has been serving up food in a casual hofbrau style for more than 60 years. Whether you’re stopping in for a dinner plate, or just a sandwich, you can count on Tommy’s to offer lots of ambiance with your meal. Plus, their low prices can’t be beat.

Showdogs

food

Photo courtesy of showdogssf.com

Offering a wide variety of sausages, this San Francisco joint elevates the traditional hot dog. Everything is made in house, including all the sauces and hot dogs. If you’re not feeling a dog, their menu also offers salads, sandwiches, and different types of fries. Guy Fieri opted for a fried chicken sandwich and was not disappointed by its “out of bounds” flavor.

HRD Coffee Shop

food

Photo courtesy of @hrdcoffeeshop on Instagram

This trendy place cooks up multi-cultural cuisine, or “Global Fusion” as the head chef calls it. Their unique menu boasts foods such as kimchi burritos, curry platters, po’boys, and cheese-steaks. If you’re intrigued by the concept of fried rice stuffed inside a burrito, head on over to this “coffee shop” to try it for yourself.

Grubstake Diner

food

Photo courtesy of @grubstakesf on Instagram

Half of this old restaurant is in an old rail car that used to take riders around the Bay Area. Their food is mostly traditional diner fare, but if you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, head over the Portuguese corner,  a portion of the menu offering dishes with a portuguese twist. Starting in 2016 they now also offer a large selection of craft beers.

Sol Food

food

Photo courtesy of Sol Food Restaurant

A Bay Area favorite, this restaurant offers a variety of traditional Puerto Rican food. Their menu includes a variety of plantains, sandwiches, and combination plates. Stop in for breakfast and you can choose from breakfast sandwiches, coconut milk french toast, and various egg dishes. And don’t forget the limeade! (or orange-mango iced tea if that’s more your thing)

Pier 23 Cafe

food

Photo courtesy of Pier23cafe.com

If you’re in the mood for waterside dining, head on over to Pier 23 Cafe for some fresh seafood and live music. House favorites include: fish and chips, fish tacos, roast crab, and the catch of the day. Also check them out for brunch, we’re intrigued by the crab cake benedict.

Pica Pica

food

Photo courtesy of picapica.com

Pica Pica offers Venezuelan food, and surprisingly everything on their menu is gluten free. Their signature dish is the arepa, a grilled corn pocket stuffed with meat, beans, plantains, cheese, or vegetables. To start, they recommend yuca fries or sweet fried plantains.

El Nuevo Frutilandia

food

Photo courtesy of frutilandiasf.com

This small family-owned restaurant has been cooking up Cuban and Puerto Rican food for over 40 years. From ceviche to plantains to traditional cubanos, they’ve got it all. If you’re interested in tapas, head on over for happy hour and you won’t be disappointed.

Señor Sisig

food

Photo courtesy of senorsisig.com

With no set location, this Filipino Fusion Food Truck offers food all over San Francisco. A unique take on the classic Filipino sisig, the majority of the dishes are made with pork shoulder that has been marinated for over 24 hours and then cooked. You can get this sisig meat in a burrito, taco, fries, nachos, salad, or with a side of rice. (Chicken and tofu are available if pork isn’t your thing)

Miller’s East Coast Deli

food

Photo courtesy of millerseastcoastdeli.com

With a menu full of East Coast staples and dishes inspired by New York, this deli brings a taste of the East Coast to San Francisco. The offerings are extensive and include burgers, hoagies, reubens, pastrami, french dip, and hot dogs, just to name a few. Brunch is offered on the weekends.

Broken Record Bar

food

Photo courtesy of @brokenrecordbar on Instagram

The back of this extensive bar is home to Hood Grub, offering a small menu of tasty food. Some of their crazier items include PBR battered PB & J, Beer Battered Nutella Stuffed French Toast, and Moroccan spiced pot pie. Head on over to grab a bite and maybe a drink or 2.