Halloween is clearly one of the best times of the year  it’s the beginning of fall (as heralded in by the return of Pumpkin Spice Lattes), you get to dress up as anything you can think of and be whoever you want to be, and you can eat as much candy as you want during the month of October and feel no regret (candy calories don’t count, right…right?).

This is no trick. I’ve gathered up thirteen of the best and spookiest Halloween sweet treats that will be sure to satisfy all. Even the Headless Horsemen will be knocking at your door for a bite, that’s how good they are.

1. Halloween Bark

Photo by Amanda Shulman

For anyone who loves baking, but lacks the talent and poise required for it, this Halloween bark is a great way to satisfy your culinary urges. Bark is one of the easiest treats to make and it’s extremely versatile, plus it’s delicious. Who doesn’t love chocolate? This particular recipe includes candy corn, pretzels and Oreos to give it an exciting Halloween twist, but it can be molded to fit any season.

#SpoonTip: Use orange-colored chocolate melts or add some orange food coloring into melted white chocolate to fit the holiday theme even more.

2. Milano Tombstones

Photo by Hannah Lin

Need a last minute snack for the annual Halloween party? Just want to make this fun decorative dessert for you and some close friends? Then these Milano tombstones are the snack for you. They’re made with Swiss rolls, Milano cookies, and chocolate wafers, so the ingredients can probably all be found in your pantry, which is perfect for anyone in a time crunch. While it may look frightening, these tombstones are hauntingly amazing. Plus, they require no baking and they’re customizable with any candy that you have laying around.

3. Homemade Caramel Apples

Photo by Anna Polovick

Caramel apples are a Halloween staple. You don’t need to go out and buy them for some ridiculous price, though, when you can make them right at home (even if home is a dorm room, these homemade caramel apples are super easy to make). All you have to do is melt down some caramel and roll your ripe Granny Smith in the ooey gooey concoction and add whatever toppings you’d like.

You can even get your apples through another Halloween tradition: bobbing for apples. Something you probably haven’t done in ages, but I bet now you’re dying to.

4. Mummy Cookies

Photo by Carl Pieri

When you make these mummy cookies, your friends won’t be able to keep their compliments under wraps. The best thing about this recipe? You get to choose your favorite flavor of cookie to decorate, whether it be snicker doodle, or chocolate chip, or a more seasonally appropriate pumpkin spice cookie.

5. Candy Corn Rice Krispies

Photo by Chelsea Hawk.

What could make you feel more like a kid than homemade Rice Krispie treats? It’ll bring you right back to the days of eating cereal while watching Saturday morning cartoons. This recipe adds some Halloween flair to the old classic though, using candy corn to make some candy corn Rice Krispies. The combination of marshmallows and candy corn will not only taste ghostly good, but they’ll also satisfy any sweet tooth.

6. No Bake Witches’ Hats

Photo by Amy Henson

One word: chocolate. This recipe is super easy, requires absolutely no baking, and literally takes fifteen minutes. These no bake witches hats are another thing you can easily whip up for that Halloween party (pshhh, no you didn’t forget you were supposed to bring something, of course not) or you can keep a stash of these in your dorm room and watch all your friends trickle in for more. These are going to go fast, so if I were you, I’d make a lot. Just try not to eat all the Hershey’s Kisses in the process of making them.

7. Candy Corn Sugar Cookies

Photo by Alex Weiner

If Rice Krispies aren’t your thing, or maybe you just love candy corn so much you want to make it in everything, then you need to try these candy corn sugar cookies. Everyone loves those Pillsbury sugar cookies they sell at the grocery stores around holiday times, but little did you know you can make something equally as delicious in the comfort of your own home. The smell of sugar cookies filling the air will delight you and put everyone in a Halloween mood.

8. Pumpkin Pie in a Mug

Photo by Sarah Joh

What would Halloween be without pumpkin? It would be treason to not involve at least one pumpkin recipe in this roundup. This pumpkin pie in a mug is perfect for any college student, or any person who likes pumpkin pie, really. There’s no need to wait for Thanksgiving when you can enjoy this sweet treat while scarfing down the rest of your Halloween candy. Plus, it makes two servings so you can make this for you and a significant other, or you and a friend, or you can just enjoy both servings at once (serving sizes are always wrong anyways).

9. Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Pretzels

Photo by Elizabeth Kim

Just like Halloween and pumpkins go together hand in hand, so do chocolate and pretzels. This salty and sweet combo is sure to be a hit at any party. These chocolate covered pumpkin pretzels are super easy to make and just as delicious. The hardest part will be waiting for these to cool and harden; it’s going to take a lot of will power not to gobble these all up right away!

10. Homemade Candy Bars

Photo by Mayra Maradiaga

Let’s face it: Us college students may have outgrown the trick or treating days. But we don’t need to miss out on our favorite candy bars just because we’re “too old” to go door to door anymore. Your favorite candy bars, from Butterfingers, and 3 Musketeers, to Crunch Bars, can all be made from the comfort of your own kitchen with only a few ingredients. You don’t even have to wear a costume to score these treats (although you still can if you want to, no one will judge).

11. Boo-nana Ghosts

Photo by Emily Goldman

Maybe you’re looking for a healthier alternative to all the candy corn and chocolate, regardless of how delicious they may be, and you won’t need to sacrifice taste with this recipe. These boo-nana ghosts are both tasty and guilt-free, and you can’t deny that they’re pretty cute too.

12. Ghost Brownies

Photo by Chelsea Hawk

Marshmallows aren’t just for rice krispies, they’re pretty tasty on their own too — or topping a delicious, warm chocolatey brownie. It’s a combination you might not have thought of before, but now you’ll be running to the store to grab some brownie mix and marshmallows. These ghost brownies could hold their own at any time of the year, but around the Halloween season, stick on some eyeball candies and bring these suckers to life.

13. Witches’ Broomsticks

Photo by Elizabeth Kim

Rounding out the thrilling thirteen is a perfect companion to the witches’ hats mentioned earlier. These witches’ broomsticks can be made by anyone, because they’re only one step. The combination of chocolate, pretzels, and peanut butter is to die for. If you’re looking for the perfect party treat, this is it. These will be snatched up before you know it, so I’d make a lot if I were you.