NutriBullets are perfect because of their size and versatility. They are so easy to have in your dorm room and the best part is you can make so much with them other than just smoothies. It serves as several kitchen appliances in one: blender, mixer, and juicer.

NutriBullet

Photo courtesy of @thenutribullet on Instagram

I follow NutriBullet on Instagram and a lot of the times I find that they post pictures and recipes of more than smoothies. Here are some of the ones I have tried and love making, as well as my own additions.

1. Smoothies and Smoothie Bowls

NutriBullet

Smoothies are what NutriBullet is most famous for. My smoothies usually take about five minutes to make and are great for breakfast, especially when I am in a rush and want to take it to go, like this Mood Boosting Blast.

Smoothie bowls are pretty much the same except they have a denser consistency, usually from the inclusion of frozen bananas like in this Blast Bowl recipe. I love making them in the morning or even for lunch and experimenting with different flavors.

2. Juices

NutriBullet

Juicers are not cheap. That is a fact. I wake up and make juice with my NutriBullet almost everyday, and even though sometimes I have to strain out the pulp (with juices that include oranges or apples), it is worth it not to have to buy a separate juicer for delicious juices like this Pineapple Supreme Blast.

3. Whipped Cream

NutriBullet

Photo courtesy of @thegrantgirl on Instagram

Whipped cream is very easy to make, but usually you need fancy equipment like a mixer to whip it up smoothly. If ever you need whipped cream to add to your dessert or to eat with strawberries, but don’t like to buy ones in a can, here’s your perfect solution — you can actually make it with your NutriBullet.

This video shows exactly how, and for vegans, you can even make vegan whipped cream.

4. Soup

NutriBullet

NutriBullet has now released a new style that includes a heating element so now you don’t even have to transfer it to a stove or microwave, which is perfect for making soup. Now you just add all your ingredients, blend it up, and transfer to a bowl like in this cauliflower curry soup recipe.

5. Sauces

NutriBullet

Photo courtesy of @elicooks on Instagram

Sometimes you don’t want to eat sauce, any kind of sauce, out of a jar, or you just don’t have any at home. Making sauce from scratch can be hard, but pesto or tomato sauces can be made easily by just adding your ingredients and blending them up. This pesto recipe shows just how easy it is.

6. Banana-based Nice Cream

NutriBullet

Photo courtesy of @lolaplants on Instagram

Ice cream is the best. We can all agree on that but, it’s not always healthy. And if you are living a dairy-free lifestyle, it can be hard to get non-dairy ice cream at times.

Banana ice cream, also known as nice cream, is easy to make at home and is healthier for you than traditional ice cream. Adding chocolate chips, different fruits, or cacao powder can make it even better.

7. Hummus

NutriBullet

I love hummus but I can’t always find hummus that I really like in the grocery store, because I don’t really like garlic, which most hummus usually includes. This may not hold true for you, but making hummus can always be fun since you can personalize it to your own taste. It is so quick and so good.

8. Baba Ghanoush

NutriBullet

Photo courtesy of @justpeachy0622 on Instagram

Similarly to hummus, baba ganoush is an eggplant dip and a great addition to your appetizer table to add flavor variety. It’s is easy to make at home any time you are looking for a quick snack.

9. Refried Beans

NutriBullet

Photo courtesy of @princessberri on Instagram

Refried beans don’t always sound really healthy mainly because of the “refried” part. However, they are not actually refried, or even fried to begin with.

For me, being Mexican, refried beans are a staple in my house, especially when we want to make molletes or want a side for breakfast. Usually, I make homemade refried beans using the NutriBullet. You can follow this refried beans recipe on how to get the beans ready, and then when it says to mash the beans, blend them instead to make them silky smooth.

10. Ground Coffee

NutriBullet

Photo courtesy of @dcsoccer10 on Instagram

As students, we don’t always have the fanciest equipment in our apartment kitchens or dorms, but caffeine is always a must. It is easy to grind coffee in your blender so that you can make your own pot of coffee. Or if you don’t drink coffee, you can always grind coffee to use as an exfoliant for your skin.

11. Pizza Dough

NutriBullet

Pizza parties are awesome to have with your friends, but a lot of times pre-made pizza dough isn’t the yummiest or even the healthiest. Making your dough is easier than it sounds and also allows you to try different doughs for those who eat gluten free with this gluten free pizza recipe.

12. Pancake Batter

NutriBullet

Personally I don’t like buying pre made pancake batter, so I find myself using my NutriBullet a lot to blend my homemade batter since I don’t have a fancy mixer. This oats pancake recipe shows you just how to do that to get the best and fluffiest pancakes.

13. Nut Butters

NutriBullet

I have become obsessed with organic nut butter since it is delicious and healthy since it does not have any added sugars or ingredients. Justin’s is my go to when I am in a rush and craving organic and natural nut butter, but sometimes it is great making nut butter yourself to see the process and knowing exactly what ingredients you are putting in.

There are so many varieties of nut butters but almond butter and cashew butter are my favorites, and if you’re looking to switch it up, here are 15 creative new ways to use your nut butter.