We grew up with books that told us that giants could exist and that lands of fairies were real. There’s nothing quite as magical as a children’s book. While I can’t bring you to a land of giants and fairies and monsters, I can bring a little bit of the magic. Check out these recipes from your favorite children’s stories.
1. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs – Meatball Sliders
While the movie was about all types of food, the focus of the book was always the meatballs falling from the sky. Try a meatball slider for a snack that invokes all the magic of “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.”
2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Milkshake
Taste the flavors of a Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight (or so we imagine) with this scrumptious s’mores milkshake.
3. Green Eggs and Ham – Ham and Egg in a Nest
Unfortunately, green eggs aren’t really found in nature. Check out this recipe for a ham and egg. All you need is a little green food coloring to be just like Sam.
4. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie – Cookie Dough Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
If that little mouse loved a regular chocolate chip cookie, just imagine how much he would love a cookie overflowing with cookie dough.
5. James and the Giant Peach – Bacon-Wrapped Peaches
6. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom – Coconut Macaroons
“Chicka Chicka Boom Boom” taught us the alphabet as it climbed the coconut tree. Get your own little taste of the coconut tree with these macaroons.
7. Curious George – Banana Oreo Milkshake
Curious George is no typical monkey and this is no typical milkshake. George would love a new take on the classic banana milkshake.
8. If You Give a Pig a Pancake – Funfetti Pancakes
All the deliciousness of pancakes and Funfetti cake in one simple breakfast treat. If the little pig was crazy for regular pancakes, imagine how he’d be for these beauties.
9. Chocolatina – Chocolate Lava Cakes
I can completely relate to Chocolatina, a girl that loved chocolate so much she turned into it. An ooey, gooey, chocolate lava cake would be her absolute favorite cake.
10. The BFG – Maple Glazed Stuffed Squash
This meal is all vegan, just like the BFG. Because he refused to eat like the other giants, he lived off of only snozzcumbers. I think he’d appreciate the taste of this vegan dinner a bit more, though.
11. The True Story of the Three Little Pigs – Piñata Cake
In this story, we get the wolf’s perspective, who claims that the mean little pigs wouldn’t give him a cup of sugar to make his granny’s birthday cake. Well don’t worry, Wolf, we’ve got you’re back. I bet granny would love a fun cake like this piñata cake to celebrate her day.
12. Bread and Jam for Frances – Brie and Jam Roll-Ups
Frances may love her bread and jam, but these brie and jam roll-ups may help her expand her horizons a bit.