Art is a great way to release pent-up energy, emotion, or stress. It helps relax our minds and let our thoughts and ideas flow in a creative way. However, what do you do when you want to have a relaxed mind and be creative, but you don’t really consider yourself an artist? What if you can’t draw, paint, sculpt, dance, or sing? What if all you feel good at is eating, sleeping, and repeating?

If that’s the case, then grab some of that food and start making some masterpieces. You don’t have to fill the typical artist stereotype. Who needs a paintbrush when you could have a French fry, a carrot, or a cinnamon stick?

Here are examples of 12 super cute masterpieces from artists who put down their sketchbook and picked up a plate.

1. Caterpillar Sandwich

cute

Photo by Samantha Hickman

This sandwich is perfect when you are hosting a party. It is not only quick and easy to make, but it is also really easy to personalize. The body is made of five different, easily shareable, mini sandwiches that you can customize to your liking with your favorite ingredients.

2. Teddy Bear Toast

cute

Photo by Samantha Hickman

If you are looking for something to surprise a loved one in the morning, this is the recipe for you. Wake them up with the sweet aroma of Nutella and peanut butter and shock them with this toast’s adorable looks. You can even make homemade Nutella for this recipe if you want. No matter what, this toast will definitely get them to wake up on the right side of the bed.

3. Cream Cheese Penguins

cute

Photo by Stephanie Schoenster

With only three ingredients, these cream cheese penguins are the perfect snack to make when you are stuck in a dorm room. This quick, easy, no-bake snack is great to make when you want to add a little cheer to a cold winter away from home.

These cute edible creatures will help you forget about getting snowed in or about the piles of homework you still have to do, and will help you embrace your creative side.

4. Strawberry Santas

cute

Photo by Christian Stafford

When the holidays roll around, it can be very stressful, even though it’s supposed to be a joyful season. Our minds become cluttered with what gifts to give, which recipes to make, and how to have the most cheerful decorations on the block. However, this simple and sweet recipe will help relieve the holiday pressure and bring out your friendly, cheerful side.

5. Yoda Pancake

cute

Photo courtesy of sapiancakes.com

Bring your favorite characters to life with some pancake art. With a little bit of practice, you can whip up some cute characters, like this Yoda from the classic movie series Star Wars. Just throw together some pancake batter and start drizzling on the frying pan — it’s a lot easier than you would think.

6. Baby Bear Coffee

cute

Photo by Adeena Zeldin

Not only is the caffeine in this cappuccino a great pick me up, but so is its adorable foam art. Head over to Kingston and grab one of these artsy cappuccinos at the café Coffeeco. This baby bear coffee will not only put a smile on your face but it’ll also be perfect for your Instagram account.

7. Peanut Butter Cup Turkeys

cute

Photo by Tess Citron

What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than with these cute, little, snackable turkeys. These turkeys are really easy to make — all you need is a few of your favorite candies and you’re on your way. Show someone how thankful you are to have them in your life with one of these little guys.

8. Baby Fruit Turtles

cute

Photo courtesy of meetthedubiens.com

Who says food can’t be healthy and cute? These little fruit turtles can convince even the unhealthiest of people to give kiwis and grapes a try. Not only do they make for adorable pictures and a great taste, they also are very simple to make. The hardest part is learning how to peel and cut the kiwi, but the rest takes under a minute.

9. Rice Guys in Curry

cute

Photo courtesy of themetapicture.com

When you want to warm up on one of those gloomy winter days, this is the adorably clever recipe you need. All you need to do is whip up some simple but flavorful curry, shape some rice, and cut out some seaweed. Make this funny recipe your own by cutting out whatever facial expressions you want for your little rice guys.

10. Dolphin Bananas

cute

Photo courtesy of laughingsquid.co

There are a lot of different ways to eat bananas, but this is by far the cutest. Bring to life one of the most playful animals in the world with this healthy snack. Since it only has two ingredients, it is super quick and easy to make.

11. Panda Rice Balls

cute

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Pandas are already one of the cutest animals, however, pandas made out of rice hits a whole new level of cute. Cheer up all your friends with these chubby little panda rice balls. All you need to do is cook some white rice and cut out the seaweed. Don’t worry, there is also a way to cook rice without a rice cooker, in case you don’t have one.

12. Crab Croissant

cute

Photo courtesy of funnyfoodsrecipes.com

Get creative for your breakfast with this cute, quirky crab croissant. Bake your favorite croissant (whether it be butter, Nutella, or almond) and add some fruits and veggies to make it come alive.

Croissants seem fancy, but they are actually pretty simple to make, so don’t worry. You will definitely be able to make this breakfast recipe — just make sure it doesn’t crawl off the plate.