Alone this V-Day? Is the taste of your sad, salty tears getting you down? Well, here are 7 foods that go great with salt (and sadness) for you to munch on while watching tons of movies and loving being alone this weekend:

1. Slutty Brownie

Valentine's Day

Photo courtesy of gingersnapjordan.blogspot.com

They’re a classic: oreo, cookie and brownie? They soothe all wounds of the heart.

2. Bread (in literally any form)

Valentine's Day

Photo courtesy of craftsy.com

Grilled cheese, monkey bread, just a baguette all to yourself? Carbo-load, it’s good for you.

3. Tea

Valentine's Day

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Not only is it warm and comforting on any kind of day, but one study actually showed that tea can improve attention, focus and overall mood.

4. Fruit

Valentine's Day

Photo courtesy of blog.foodfacts.com

Pears, apples and oranges; you can’t go wrong with a delicious and nutritious piece of fruit. It’s healthy because there are natural sugars instead of refined sugars, so you won’t have to feel bad about anything when you’re eating it. If you need inspiration on making fruit a lil’ more fun, check out this article about fruit treats.

5. Sushi (or fish)

Valentine's Day

Photo by Eunice Choi

Yes, this delicious treat from Japan can be a little pricey at times, but it’s Valentine’s Day, so treat yourself. Also, Oprah says it will make you happier, and whatever Oprah says, I do.

6. Chocolate

Valentine's Day

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

So delicious. A classic for Valentine’s Day, but usually as a gift for that “special someone”. But f*ck that. Buy your own chocolate and eat it all in one sitting. You deserve it. And while you’re at it, check out this article about the different types of chocolate you can buy for this weekend (or on the 15th when its all on sale).

7. Ben & Jerry’s

Valentine's Day

Photo courtesy of latintimes.com

The quote “I have two boyfriends, and their names are Ben and Jerry,” has never been more true than when that one family member asks if you’re seeing anyone. Plus, they have so many flavors (even dairy-free) that are most definitely delicious (my faves are Phish Food and Cinnamon Bun) so you can’t go wrong with grabbing a pint this V-Day.

If all else fails, just curl up with a nice bottle of wine and wait until February 14th is over.

But in all seriousness, celebrate this love holiday however you please – and if you are alone this Valentine’s Day, don’t worry. You just keep doin’ you, and enjoy all the good vibes (and good food) that are present this time of year.