Since the beginning of college, my love for oatmeal has flourished. Rolled oats, cinnamon, banana, and peanut butter is my go-to oatmeal dish, and that is not about to change. Some may call me crazy for going on day 123 of eating oatmeal for breakfast, but let me fill you in on why I’m practically obsessed.

Because you can bake it into muffins

oatmeal

Photo by Lauren Feld

If oatmeal wasn’t good enough alone, then oh do I have a recipe for you. Blueberry + oatmeal + flaxseed muffins… BRB I just died and went to heaven.

Because you can wake up and it’s already ready to eat

oatmeal

Photo by Erica Wang

Overnight oats for the win. All it takes is 5 minutes of prep time the night before, then all you have to do in the morning is stir and enjoy.

Because it doesn’t have to be soggy mush

oatmeal

Photo by Ben Rosenstock

Bake it, baby. Oatmeal is highly versatile, and all it takes is an oven to turn that porridge-like consistency into a crispy treat.

Because it doesn’t always have to be sweet

oatmeal

Photo by Jeanne Kessira

Ditch the berries and brown sugar and throw in some cheese and veggies to turn your bowl of oats into a savory dish.

Because it has substantial health benefits

oatmeal

Photo by Gabby Phi

Due to the insoluble fiber and how long it takes to digest, oats will keep you full until lunch — which will keep you from buying that croissant along with your coffee. Oats are also high in fiber and have been found to lower bad cholesterol.

Because leftovers and oatmeal were a match made in heaven

oatmeal

Photo courtesy of eatyourbooks.com

Turn yesterday’s leftovers paired with a bowl of oatmeal into tonight’s dinner. Oatmeal with leftover bacon and syrup? Blueberry banana oatmeal smoothie with overripe fruit? Damn, don’t even get me started on the endless possibilities to step up your oatmeal game.

Because it doesn’t just have to be served in a bowl

oatmeal

Photo by Liz Tadie

Whip out the blender and throw in some oats and oh baby, do we have a sweet treat. Up your shake/smoothie game with a handful of fiber and trust me — you won’t be disappointed.

Because you can literally eat it for every meal

oatmeal

Photo courtesy of quaker.com

Egg white whipped vanilla oatmeal for lunch and Cuban-style black beans and banana oatmeal for dinner? There are no limits to how many times a day you can eat oatmeal. At least, not in my book.

Because it can be used as a facial

oatmeal

Photo by Vernell Dunams

A cookie recipe that doubles as a facial. Yeah, I’m not messing around. Your skin will be as smooth as a baby’s bottom after an hour in this oatmeal mask.

Because there is nothing better than a classic warm bowl of oatmeal.

oatmeal

Photo courtesy of galleryhip.com

The variations are endless, but it all comes down to one thing: that steamy bowl of plain rolled oats. Give me oatmeal or give me death.