Lake Placid is a village where I’ve spent countless summers boating and numerous winters skiing. Of course, it’s the home to some of my favorite eats. It’s hard not to take #foodintheair pics when in Lake Placid because it’s no secret that the Adirondacks make the perfect backdrop. In any event, you’re sure to get the perfect shot AND the perfect mouthful at any of these 10 places to eat in Lake Placid before you die.

1. Big Mountain Deli and Crêperie

lake placid

Photo courtesy of @epardi5 on Instagram

This place is known for their delicious sweet and savory crêpes. I always watch the cooks make them through the window, completely mesmerized by their crêpe-making tools and techniques. My favorite crêpe is the French Toast Crêpe, topped with pure silky adirondack maple syrup. Yep, it’s french toast inside a crêpe—the breakfast of champions.

2. Simply Gourmet

lake placid

Photo courtesy of @danielormsbee on Instagram

Here and only here can you find 46 sandwiches to choose from, each named after the 46 Adirondack High Peaks. Each sandwich is served on your choice of homemade, fresh, daily baked breads. The sandwich pictured above is the Rocky Peak featuring ham, sliced apple, cheddar, and apple butter on an asiago peppercorn roll. My favorite breakfast sandwich from Simply Gourmet is a sunny side-up egg sandwich, with cheddar, and crispy bacon—it’s totally messy.

3. Dack Shack

lake placid

Photo courtesy of @thecraftbeergirl on Instagram

Milkshakes, burgers, and fries—yes please. Their menu could stop there, but it doesn’t.

4. Emma’s Lake Placid Creamery

lake placid

Photo courtesy of @cassbread on Instagram

Emma’s is home of the delicious rich and creamy maple soft serve ice cream flavor, Maple Creme. I have to say it is really quite exquisite, the perfect summer treat.

5. Adirondack Chocolates

lake placid

Photo courtesy of adirondackchocolates.com

The best chocolate confection to buy here are the turtles (pictured above). They are made with your choice of milk or dark chocolate and filled with your choice of caramel and pecans, or caramel and cashews. Obviously, there are many other delicious chocolate creations to choose from as well.

6. Caffé Rustica

lake placid

Photo courtesy of @eating4insta on Instagram

This is, hands down, the BEST restaurant in the entire town of Lake Placid. Their Italian food is to die for and their chefs here will never disappoint you, I pinky promise.

7. Lake Placid Lodge

lake placid

Photo by of Alixandra Rutnik

The bartender at the Lake Placid Lodge makes insanely good cocktails filled with fresh berries, and you can sip on them while overlooking the gorgeous lake. The one pictured above is called the Pulpit, made with muddled fresh berries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. The Pulpit really is happiness in a glass.

8. Lake Placid Chocolatier

lake placid

Photo courtesy of lakeplacidchoclatier.com

You do not want to miss out on these handcrafted artisan divine chocolate confections. During the winter months, they serve hot chocolate made with real Belgian chocolate, and during the summer they have a special s’mores treat. Picture this: one square graham cracker, with a layer of milk or dark chocolate ganache on top, followed by gooey homemade marshmallow, all dipped in a fine layer of Belgian milk or dark chocolate. Any description of it should be followed by the heart eyes emoji. (Pictured above is their Dark Chocolate Tamarack Sea Salt Butter Crunch.)

9. The Good Bite Kitchen

lake placid

Photo courtesy of @colourofdaydreams on Insatgram

Inventive vegetarian never tasted so freaking good. I always feel incredibly healthy after I eat here. With an ever-changing menu, The Good Bite never fails to disappoint me. The bowls with zucchini noodles are always delicious, as well as their special homemade popsicles, especially the strawberry rhubarb one.

10. Green Goddess Natural Market

lake placid

Photo courtesy of @sp3llingb on Instagram

This the ultimate health food market, filled with bulk natural foods and local produce and goods. In addition, they have their Scape Cafe & Catering. Their ready-to-go homemade hummus, Heavenly Hummus, pairs perfectly with their locally grown, crisp cucumbers. When you shop here for produce and groceries, you support local Lake Placid famers and businesses.