Cook Out is my favorite fast food restaurant by far. The grilled burgers are always fresh, the trays are a great deal, and I mean, the milkshakes are to die for. Cook Out just reminds me of summer and it’s an easy go-to restaurant when you want some good cheap food that defies the norm of what fast food should taste like. It also doesn’t hurt that it’s open until 4:30 am on the weekends.

If you haven’t been to Cook Out yet, you definitely need to take a trip to the south to find out for yourself what all the hype is about. Here’s all you can get with just $5.

1. BBQ Plate

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @grua on Instagram

This plate is the epitome of the South: fresh BBQ, homemade slaw, fries, and hush puppies. You can get all of these finger-licking foods for just $3.99. You can add a regular iced tea or soft drink for 99¢. To continue eating your way through the South, check out where to find the best BBQ is in every state.

2. Mexi Hot Dog + Fries + Milkshake

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @lifeographer on Instagram

The Mexi Hot Dog consists of homemade chili, cheese, Texas Pete, lettuce, and tomato. The fries are always fresh and warm and you can request cajun seasoning for no extra charge. Then, try one of their 42 creamy, delicious milkshakes. You can get all of this for only $4.87.

3. Cook Out Tray

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @hangrypharmacists on Instagram

Ah yes, the almighty Cook Out tray. These trays are complete with your choice of an entrée (burger, hot dog, chicken sandwich, etc), two sides (fries, hushpuppies, onion rings, slaw, etc), and a beverage. All of this is only $3.99 and you can upgrade your drink to a milkshake for only 99¢.

4. BLT + Onion Rings + Milkshake

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @christinkeona on Instagram

Mmm a classic BLT, hot onion rings, and a milkshake all for $4.77. Learn how to upgrade your BLT here.

5. Chicken Nuggets + Hush puppies + Cheerwine Float

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @charlestonbites on Instagram

This meal just screams Southern food. Everyone loves some chicken nuggies and you’ve gotta try some hushpuppies and this dessert made from North Carolina’s favorite soda. Get it all for only $3.37.

6. Cajun-Style Chicken Breast Sandwich + Cheesecake

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @plausiblerachel on Instagram

Try their cajun style chicken sandwich with cajun seasoning, Texas Pete, lettuce, tomato, and mayo and then treat yo’self to a slice of New York Cheesecake for dessert, all for $4.98.

7. Ranch Wrap + Cook Out Fries + Coke Float

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @eatsology on Instagram

Get the ranch wrap that’s served with crispy chicken, ranch, tomato, and lettuce and then pair it with Cook Out fries, which are topped with chili and cheese. As if that wasn’t enough, you can add a Coke float and get the whole meal for $4.47.

8. Cheddar-Style Burger + Slaw

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @cookout_official on Instagram

For $4.27, you can get a burger topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, grilled onions and mayo, and a side of slaw. Yum. You could even save a few cents by making your own slaw with a spiralizer.

9. Two milkshakes?

Cook Out

Photo courtesy of @jodeci_g on Instagram

TBH, sometimes you just get a sugar craving and need two Cook Out milkshakes. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us and with 42 different flavors that you can mix and match, there’s no reason not to indulge. My personal favorite is a combo of Hershey’s chocolate, heath bar, and Oreo. Check out some other favorite milkshake flavors from Spoon.