Dying our hair is something we do to have fun with. We want to explore new looks, except the consequence that always comes along with it is damaging our hair. By using coffee, we reduce the damage and even help our hair become healthier.

dye

Photo courtesy of coffeedetective.com

There are a few reasons why using coffee in your hair is beneficial to you:

1. Coffee stimulates hair growth.

Studies published explain that by massaging the scalp, you are allowing the caffeine to increase circulation, which helps hair follicles grow more quickly.

2. Coffee makes your hair shiny and healthy.

Using coffee grains (it’s better to mix with your conditioner) moisturizes your hair which is extremely useful during the summer since the sun loves to dry it up. By using coffee in your hair, you are also saving yourself from all the chemicals in regular dye. It will leave it looking beautiful and healthier.

3. *Coffee will darken your hair.*

Using coffee is a perfectly natural way to dye your hair (and it includes all these benefits). Using this resource to darken your hair is also great because your hair will have a completely even tone. By using the following steps, you will see how easy it is to use this remedy at home.

By using Dunkin Donuts Dark Roast Ground Coffee 1 lb, you will be able to dye your hair leaving a perfect tone and shine. Here’s how you can do that:

What you will need:

• Ground Coffee
  • Shampoo & Conditioner (any kind…even better if it’s extra moisturizing)
  • Shower Cap
  • Dark towel

Step 1:

Make 2 cups of the Dunkin Dark Roast Ground Coffee. This one will dye your hair better since it’s a darker kind of coffee. Let it cool down sufficiently (until cold).

dye

Photo by Esther Castellanos

Step 2:

Mix 2 cups of conditioner with 4 Tablespoons of ground coffee. Mix it until the grounds dissolve and the mixture looks smooth.

#SpoonTip: If you have thicker hair, it’s a good idea to double the ingredients just in case you need extra.

dye

Photo by Esther Castellanos

Step 3:

Wash your hair with your regular shampoo; make sure it’s thoroughly washed. Squeeze out all the excess water with your hands. Then take the towel and put it around your shoulders.

dye

Photo Courtesy of easydry.com

Step 4:

With the 2 cups that you made, soak your hair. You can simply pour them, but make sure your hair gets sufficiently wet. With your fingers, thoroughly add in the mixture to your hair. Make sure to get all the roots by massaging the scalp. Continue on until your entire head is completely covered.

Optional: Put on a shower cap to keep the hair together.

#SpoonTip: Make sure you tilt your head back when you do this. Don’t let it get all over your face because it will be really hard to get off. Get a friend to help you!

dye

Photo Courtesy of gurl.com

After the hour has gone by, rinse your hair until all the dark color is out. Then, wash your hair as you normally would to make sure all the coffee residue is out…and there you go! You hair should be shiny with a beautiful, chocolate tone.

dye

Photo Courtesy of simplyboldblog.com