As college students, we strive to live cheap. We’re known for surviving on ramen, digging through the couch for spare change, and ALWAYS showing up for an event when there’s free pizza involved.

If you’ve seen the Patrick Star “I have $3” meme, you can probably relate. Prepare yourself for a money-saving game-changer and download these four awesome (and free) apps.

1. Ibotta

apps

Photo courtesy of iTunes

Ibotta is a super useful app that gives you rebates on certain items from a variety of stores. You earn a small amount of money for purchasing each item, and once you earn the minimum amount for withdrawal (ranging from $20-$25), you can either have it transferred to you through PayPal or Venmo, or you can purchase gift cards from places like Starbucks and Amazon.

2. Pocket Points

apps

Photo courtesy of iTunes

Pocket Points is an app designed specifically for college students. This app essentially pays you to stay off of your phone during class. All you do is open the app and lock your phone—the longer you stay off of your phone, the more points you earn. You can redeem your points for coupons and free food in your area.

Also: the more people who are using the app at once, the more points you all earn. You basically have to tell your friends, for the greater good of everyone.

3. Starbucks

apps

Photo courtesy of iTunes

Starbucks is pretty much the life-blood of the average college student. With each purchase you make using the app, you earn a star. Once you earn 5 stars, you get a free birthday drink along with free refills of brewed and iced coffee and tea. Reach 30 stars and you get a free drink or food item with every 12 stars.

Bonus: Download the Starbucks app and you’ll get a free drink—just for downloading.

4. Hooked Deals

apps

Photo courtesy of iTunes

Hooked Deals is an app that finds deals at restaurants in your area. Each deal has a time limit, typically not lasting any longer than 4 hours. Deals range from buy one get ones, free items with a purchase of another, a flat discounted rate for any appetizer/entree, or a certain percent off of an item or your entire bill. This app is great because there’s a wide variety of restaurants with great deals to choose from.