Music. There are very few things that make us feel more understood than music. This is corny, but it's true: sometimes life just sucks. No matter what it is that's got you down (homework, financial issues, friend drama, work, etc.) there's a song to lift your spirits. This playlist will FOR SURE brighten your day — and make you want to bust a move while studying for your test. 

1. Square Pegs - Kelsea Ballerini

You don't have to be a country music fan to love this song. It's. So. Catchy. Kelsea, who is nominated for a GRAMMY (yeah, that's right, a Grammy) feels like the most #relatable artist out there right now. This song is basically about just being who are and not taking ish from anyone. 

Fave lyric: Just 'cause you're different don't mean you're crazy

2. Angels (feat. Saba) - Chance the Rapper

This song makes me want to fly to Chicago and run down the streets with a giant boom box and a squad break-dancing behind me. If you don't know who Chance is, you live under a rock. But if you really don't know, he's the first artist to ever have a streaming-only album nominated for a Grammy. In easier terms: he has no label and doesn't sell music. An icon of our generation.

Fave lyric: I'm still at my old church, only ever sold merch

Grandma say I'm Kosher, momma say I'm culture

3. Like The World Is Going To End - Ben Rector

Is it pop? Is it country? Is it folk? Will we ever know? Ben Rector is in my top 5 fave artists of all time, he's that good. All of his songs are truly pieces of art. This one will make you want to call up your parents for absolutely no reason. Trust me. 

Fave lyric: Every tragedy is that we can't see it,

We can't see until time is running out

4. Castle on the Hill - Ed Sheeran

My BOI! I take pride in the fact that I knew Ed Sheeran before he was mainstream — I'm annoying. Like Rector, every single song Sheeran releases has the ability to make you feel things you never knew you could feel. Somehow the story of his childhood feels relatable — I have no idea how, but it's magical. 

Fave lyric: These people raised me and I can't wait to go home

5. Be Alright - Ariana Grande

No, she might not approve of your donut-eating habits, but she is still a pop-princess. BOP OF THE CENTURY. Listen to this and try not to bop your head. It's impossible. 

Fave lyrics: Baby, don't you know

All o'them tears gon' come and go

Baby you just gotta make up your mind

6. Get Out While You Can - James Bay

This song is the ultimate mood-lifter. If you really listen to the story you'll learn that Bay worked as a bartender, even though he obviously wanted to be a musician. He took his chances, followed his dreams, and pursued music. Thank god he did, am I right?! Hey, if James Bay went from working behind a bar in a small town to selling out shows, you can do whatever you set your mind to. 

Fave lyricsSo take your final look at me, maybe even take my hand

Steady on the staircase, come and chase the master plan

Long way to get away, play it like a grand slam

This is no encore, we have only just begun

7. Future Looks Good - Onerepublic

Idk if it's the infectious guitar strumming pattern of this song or the piano that pops in halfway, but I can't stop tapping my fingers on the keyboard. Off of Onerepublic's most recent album "Oh My My," this song is a refreshing change from the band we're all familiar with. I need to see this live. 

Fave lyric: I swear that you are, you are the future

And the future looks good

8. Rise - Selena Gomez

This song is sO underrated. IMO this is genuinely her best song (other than Who Says, duh). The verses of this song sound exactly like what Reflection from Mulan would sound like if it took place in Jamaica instead of China. Okay, that makes no sense, but you'll hear it. If Selena G tells you to forget about the haters, you better forget about the haters and RISE. 

Fave lyricIt’ll be alright, they’re just jealous of your highs

9. Birds - Coldplay

Almost 15 years later and Coldplay is STILL producing incredible, original music. Not gonna lie, the words and concept in this song confuse the hell out of me, but it's still a Casey-certified bop. 

Fave lyric: when you fly won’t you

won’t you take me too?

Well, there you have it — a playlist guaranteed to dig you out of whatever mood you're in. You'll be groovin' in your chair in no time.