2016 was just one of those meh years; it really wasn't anything special. The only thing that really made it special was my man, Snoop Dogg. Not only did he kill it with his jokes, reactions and great personality like he usually does, but Snoop was the most relatable that he has ever been. Here's how to live more like King Snoop did to be the best, baddest version of yourself:

1. Cheer on your friends.

Just like every other person, Snoop was also obsessed with the 2016 Summer Olympics. Now, I'd like to think that Simone Biles and Snoop Dogg are friends, but in case they're not, it's still nice to think so. Cheer on those around you and celebrate their wins with them in this new year. 

2. Speak your mind.

Snoop Dogg got real with Microsoft and Xbox by calling them out on Instagram. He wasn't afraid to call out a major company on how badly their service was operating, so don't be afraid to say what you're thinking and speak your mind.

3. It's okay to have a bad day.

Just like you and I, Snoop Dogg is a real person who loves bitmoji and, just like you and I, Snoop Dogg is a real person who also hates Mondays. It's okay for you not to feel like top dog (haha, get it?) every day and to just want to stay in bed. Just remember to relax and take each day one at a time. 

4. Laugh, a lot (especially at yourself).

We all know the cliché term, "laughter is the best medicine." Here, Snoop takes it to a new level. He's able to laugh at Kanye for all of the craziness he's saying, but not before he says that Kanye is crazier than the thing on his head. Being able to laugh at situations and especially at yourself is a great feature to a great life. 

5. Live your dreams.

I'm a big fan of Hillary Clinton and Snoop Dogg, it's a dream of mine to meet both of them. Snoop Dogg was a firm supporter of Hillary during the election, but also got to live his dream when the two of them finally followed each other back on Twitter. Live your dreams just like Snoop did and, who knows, maybe they'll come true.

6. Take care of the people you care about.

cake, beer
Photo via Twitter

Snoop Dogg knows how to take care of his friends, just ask Willie Nelson who got a very personalized sweater for Christmas. Not only does it help to know your friends backwards and forwards, but treating them well and making sure they know you care about them is a great way to maintaining healthy relationships.

7. Take over the world

We all live on Plizzanet Earth. Snoop Dogg easily took over the world when he narrated this version of Planet Earth and no one questioned it because he's so likable. So, live more like The Dogg and go ahead, take over the world. 

Now I know we all don't have the ~skills~ that Snoop Dogg does, but most people forget that he's a regular person just trying to live the best life that he can live. By being true to yourself, you'll be able to shine your own light and show off your personality. King Snoop may be an idol to many, but at the end of the day, he's just a guy living his best life- something to carry with you this year.