It is about time podcasts became trendy. If you looked at this title, rolled your eyes, and thought, "That is so 2003," think again. Podcasts are a great way to stay informed about the world around you without even trying that hard. Put in your headphones on your way to class or at the gym and learn about anything from politics to technology to pop culture. It's as easy as ditching your Spotify Top 40 playlist for a little and pushing play on any of these podcasts below. 

1. Call Your Girlfriend

Once every other week, long-distance best friends Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman dish about everything from Benghazi to Beyonce's pregnancy announcement. Call Your Girlfriend will definitely make you jealous that you aren't besties with these two women in real life. Listen if you want feel like you are eavesdropping on a conversation between too incredibly hilarious, but informed women.

2. Guys We F****d

Corinne Fisher and Krystyna Hutchinson aren't afraid to talk about sex. After a rough breakup, these two stand-up comedians decided to make a podcast centered around interviewing guys they've slept with. Listen if you want a good laugh and to feel a little more empowered about being a woman. 

3. Tiny Leaps, Big Changes

If the phrases "personal development" and "self help strategies" make you want to roll your eyes, keep reading. Tiny Leaps, Big Changes focuses on habits you can develop in your everyday life to lead to a bigger change. Listen if you want to make a change in but are sick of hearing generalized lifestyle advice

4.  Stuff Mom Never Told You

Chrissy Conger and Caroline Ervin are girl-next-door types who gracefully decode the biology, psychology, and sociology behind men and women. Stuff Mom Never Told You tackles topics from PMS to why women join cults to mansplaining. Listen if you have ever had any questions about women or being a woman. 

5. Freakonomics Radio

Ever wonder why people wait in lines or how many people are killed by medical errors each year? If you didn't, you probably are now. Listen if you are interested in the hidden side economic side of everything we do.

6. Stuff You Should Know

Next time you're on a date and there is an awkward pause, you can interject with facts about how body language works or the history of the Black Panther Party. Never feel like you are uninformed about a certain topic again. Listen if you want to learn about a range of topics in a new way.

7. My Favorite Murder

Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark are two true crime enthusiasts and comedians that are dying to discuss death. You won't be able to stop listening as each murder is dissected with witty commentary. Listen if you enjoy true crime stories and don't get creeped out too easily (obviously). 

8. Bad With Money

Don't be fooled into thinking this is another boring financial help podcast — host Gabby Dunn really is bad with money. Join Gaby for conversations with musicians, financial psychologists, her parents and others on why money controls so much of our lives. Listen if you've ever felt freaked out about how much money you're making, saving, or spending and just want to know you aren't alone. 

9. The Read

Join Kid Fury and Chrissle for their weekly tea-spilling gossip session on the biggest hip-hop and pop culture stars of the moment. What better way to spend your walk to class than listening to two hilarious bloggers throw shade at Drake? Take a listen if you live for pop culture and celebrity gossip.