Spring Break is rapidly approaching. Are you mentally prepared for tons of airport Facebook statuses en route to Punta Cana, Key West, and Cancun? If you are stuck in NYC for Spring Break, you’re actually better off. You are around way better-tasting food than your friends aboard an all-inclusive cruise. You are near authentic Cuban cuisine, killer cocktails and exotic Asian flavors. Sure, they may have unlimited drinks served poolside, but you can still dine with an ambiance.

1. Tao

Spring Break

Photo courtesy of @taony on Instagram

Stepping inside the doors of TAO is like gaining entry to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. The doors opening up to beautiful architecture and mood lighting is indescribable. TAO is the place for upscale Chinese and sushi. If not for spring break, add it to your bucket list of ultimate dining experiences.

2. Victor’s Cafe

Spring Break

Photo courtesy of @victorscafenyc on Instagram

Victor’s Cafe is better known as New York City’s favorite Cuban restaurant. Victor’s Cafe serves authentic Cuban food inside a bright, palm tree full atmosphere. Here is where you’ll get a Mojito fix better than your friends aboard the boat. Victor Del Corral was the man to open this Cuban restaurant, loved by many. Did you know it was Victor Del Corral who put the Mojito on the map?

3. Spice Market

Spring Break

Photo By Megan Peterson

Nearby TAO is Spice Market in the Meatpacking District. They have a beautiful high ceiling, and an open ambiance. I have never experienced Asian Fusion flavor like this. Always go for the short rib steam buns. I haven’t found any Asian taco better than this. Their house-made sodas are so much better than anything I can mix up myself. I never thought something non-alcoholic could taste so good.

4. Mad Dog & Beans Mexican Cantina

Spring Break

Photo courtesy of @maddogandbeans on Instagram

I’m counting down the days to when I can drink Margaritas outside again. You can do that here on Stone Street. One word to describe that margarita is “killer.” Who doesn’t love guacamole made fresh to their spice liking? That’s the ideal vacay treatment.

5. Luke’s Lobster

Photo Courtesy of newyork.com

Photo courtesy of newyork.com

Luke’s Lobster has the best tasting lobster roll ever. A more casual ambiance, this escape is in between that toasted, buttery roll. This lobster is so fresh, it’ll taste like you’re actually in Maine.

6. Alma

Spring Break

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Want to level up to a rooftop experience? Go to Alma. Tex-Mex inspired food, with awesome drinks and a spectacular waterfront view. No shame there, that sounds like the ideal spring break to me. You can treat yourself to some not so everyday bites with Camarones Asados, Short Rib Enchiladas, and crab cakes.

What these restaurants all have in common are great food and a vacation feel. You owe it to yourself to eat deliciously in NYC throughout spring break, especially if you can’t get out of town.