This is not a drill. This super chocolatey and indulgent French toast recipe is the real deal, and it’s the perfect thing to whip up on a Sunday morning for brunch after a late night out, or for whenever you’re feeling your sweet tooth.

Nutella-Stuffed Hot Chocolate French Toast

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes
  • Servings:3 huge sandwiches

• 6 slices challah bread
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 tablespoon hot chocolate mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 4 tablespoon butter
  • 4-6 tablespoon Nutella
  • 3 tablespoon chocolate chips, melted
  • Marshmallows
  • Whipped cream
Photo by Ethan Cappello

In a glass measuring cup, or some other kind of microwave safe bowl, pour in 1 cup of milk and microwave for 2-3 minutes. When it’s finished, stir in 3 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix. Leave this mixture to sit and cool for about five minutes.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

While waiting for your hot chocolate to cool down, cut 6 thick slices of challah bread and cover each slice with 1-2 tablespoons of Nutella. Make three sandwiches out of your 6 slices and set them aside.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Crack 3 eggs and whisk them together in a flat pan or container.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Add 2 tablespoons of vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to your egg mixture, followed by the hot chocolate mix. Whisk everything together.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Dip both sides of each piece of French toast in the chocolate egg mixture. Allow them to sit for a few seconds to really soak everything up. While letting them sit, coat a skillet with 4 tablespoons of butter and place over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, cook your French toast for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown.

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Top your French toast off with some marshmallows, lots of whipped cream, and as much melted chocolate chip drizzle as your heart desires.

Photo by Phoebe Melnick