We’re still in the process of moving into our new office, we don’t have a kitchen (#startuplife), and I just moved to NYC and I’m currently homeless — but that can’t stop us. We decided to grab life by the makeshift balls by making cinnamon rolls into cookies… HACK style.

Basically, we used a toaster oven, pre-made dough, pancake mix as flour, and an empty bottle of Veuve as a rolling pin (thanks to Spoon cofounder Sarah Adler’s parents for the generous donation). 

Rolling pin and Pancake MIx

We also used a Spoon t-shirt as an oven mitt and plastic bag as a piping bag.

jank

It was a successful day in the office, the cookies still tasted epic AF, and we’re pumped to know it’s possible to make cookies anywhere.

Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:11 minutes
  • Total Time:26 minutes
  • Servings:12 cookies

• 1 roll pre-made sugar cookie dough, chilled
  • 1/4 cup pancake mix or flour, for dusting
  • 1 champagne bottle
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup powdered sugar

Pre-heat your toaster oven to 350°F. Open your roll of sugar cookie dough and form it into a ball.

Sprinkle pancake mix on your surface and rolling pin.

Roll out your dough into a flat, round circle. It should be the thickness of a fluffy ass pancake.

In a bowl, mix together cinnamon and brown sugar.

Spread your softened buttah (started from the buttah now the whole team’s here #Drake) on the surface of the cookie dough and sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mixture on top of it.

gif by akljdf

Very carefully, start rolling the dough into a log. Hot dog style.

Using a knife, cut the dough into 12 individual cookies.

Place 6 cookies on an aluminum foil lined pan and bake in the toaster at 350°F for 11 minutes.

While the cookies are baking, combine your milk and powdered sugar in a bowl. Whisk together until smooth.

#SpoonTip: Taste test that goodness.

#SpoonTip: Use a plastic bag as a piping bag.

Place it in a glass, fill with icing, twist, snip the tip (it will ooze out and it will look jangus so be prepared) and drizzle on cookies.

Enjoy your cookies with a refreshing glass of milk.