You’re ten years old and it’s Saturday morning. What are you doing? The obvious answer is watching cartoons with a bowl of cereal. I think every millennial is so invested in food because of television. It’s a powerful medium. So as a gift from me to you, here are the best food themed cartoon characters from our childhood.

1. Cookie Monster

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

This adorable muppet should be a favorite for everyone with eyes. Cookie Monster taught us how to spell but, most importantly, he taught us how to properly eat cookies. If you’re in the mood to gobble down some cookies try some chocolate chip cookies that never go stale.

2. Chowder

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

Chowder was the hungriest cat in all of Marzipan City. He had real aspirations: being the greatest chef of all time (like many of y’all, amirite?). If you’re a big fan of chowda, bask in the soupy glory of the Saratoga Chowderfest.

3. PB&J Otter

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

Mystery solving otters are the best kind of otters, tbh. PB&J Otter was one of the ultimate Saturday morning cartoons. You can find fantastic twists on the classic sandwich here.

4. Bananas in Pajamas

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

“Bananas in pajamas are coming down the stairs.” This classic Australian show proves how cute bananas can be. I mean they live in Cuddles Town, for Pete’s sake. Sit back and watch this show with some frozen Greek yogurt banana poppers, found here.

5. The Dancing Lobsters

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

With one of the most iconic lines in television history, big red stars were born. The Amanda Show made dancing shellfish a necessary part of court TV, or so I dream. Send the dancing lobsters right into your mouth with one of these easy recipes.

6. Breakfast Princess

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

As the most important meal of the day personified, Breakfast Princess slid right into my favorite character list. Adventure Time is known for its creative character design but a walking brunch princess takes the cake. Speaking of breakfast, take a look at these easy dining hall brunch hacks here.

7. Flapjack

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

With a love for adventure and pancakes, this little sailor is real gem. The Misadventures of Flapjack was a show you could sit down and watch with huge bowl of cereal. Check out this list of amazing cereal pancakes to get the best of both worlds.

8. Benson

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

Who knew an angry gumball machine would make sacred place in our hearts? Benson may have stepped onto the scene in 2010, when Regular Show first aired, but he’s quickly become a fan favorite.

9. Strawberry Shortcake

Food-Themed Cartoon Characters

She’s berry sweet and wants to be your best friend. Strawberry Shortcake was recently revamped to have even more friends like Raspberry Torte and Cherry Jam. If you loved this cartoon growing up try this strawberry shortcake kebab recipe.