Milky Way melts have the full package when it comes to baking something. They’re simple, scrumptious and speedy. This is the perfect recipe for a last minute dinner party invitation (when you’re responsible for dessert), or if you have a hankering for some fresh baked goods. They’re those commercial perfect cookies where you rip them open and the caramel-y inside comes oozing out. I promise that these will impress your friends. You don’t have to tell them how easy they were to make, though. That can be our little secret. But you don’t have to take my word for it. You can whip ‘em up yourself in a jiffy, just to test them out.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Servings: As many as you can eat
1 box Devil’s food cake
Milky Way bars (Twix work as well)
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
2. Follow the istructions on the box to make the Devil’s Food Cake. Stir until it’s nice and smooth.
3. Cut up your Milky Way bars into slices however big or small you’d like.
4. Submerge your chocolate pieces into the cake batter. Make sure they’re totally covered so that you can’t see any of the chocolate bars. This is the part where you can get your hands dirty, so really dig in.
5. Keep doing this until you run out of batter or chocolate pieces. Plop them onto your baking sheet as you go along.
6. Stick those bad boys into the oven for 7 minutes.
7. Feel free to eat any left over chocolate pieces while you wait for the cookies to bake.
8. Give them a minute or so to cool. These puppies are best when warm, so grab a glass of milk and a few friends to chow down on these melt-y delights.
Note: Do not refrigerate any left over cookies. If you do they won’t be squishy in the middle anymore.