One of the hardest parts about being a college student is that good ole college budget that your parents insist will help you in the real world. Here are some tips to help you save a few of your own dollars here and there by using TigerCard money instead. So whip out that TigerCard and spend away ladies and gents.

1. Party Favors

Photo by Natalie Choy

This one is for all the party animals out there. You could throw a bumpin’ party and not have to spend a single dollar, except on alcohol, of course. The C-Store, located in The Village, has a wide variety of chasers including coke for all the rum and coke fans, orange juice to top off your champagne on game days, and sprite for a basic vodka soda. Not only can you purchase your chasers, but you can also load up on some snacks for when you get the late night munchies.

2. Water Bottles

Photo courtesy of humannhealth.com

You can buy water bottles in bulk. You can also buy extra large water bottles that are about twice the size of a normal sized water bottle. You can even buy SmartWater. With all those options, there really is no need for you to have to spend money weekly at CVS when you can go almost anywhere on campus and get a water.

3. Chickfila

Photo courtesy of @chickfila on instagram

Now announcing the cure to all hangovers, the Chickfila chicken biscuit. Instead of getting in your car and driving to the Chickfila on Magnolia just walk to the student center. I mean who wants to wait in the drive through line anyway? The line usually starts at Zoe’s on Saturday mornings and takes 30 minutes to get to the window. Oh, I also recommend ordering a large powerade to help with the hangover as well.

4. Starbucks

Photo by Lynsey Sweatt

For all you caffeine addicts out there, the Starbucks in Lowder has much more to offer than a grande skinny vanilla latte. You can purchase packaged coffee, including K-Cups for you keruig at home, coffee mugs for when you are on the go, and breakfast sandwiches to start your day off healthy. Starbucks has got you covered.

5. Food Trucks

Photo by Lynsey Sweatt

The food trucks on Auburn’s Campus are the best things since sliced bread. The smoothie truck, Smooth n Groove, has some groovy smoothies that are sure to jump start your day or recharge you after a long run. Burrito Del Mar is new this year and is a great substitute for places like Chipotle and Moes. Actually, better than Chipotle because they are e-coli free.

6. Meds

Photo by Lynsey Sweatt

In addition to all the food you could be buying with your TigerCard, you can also buy medicine. The C-store is like a mini pharmacy selling basic medicine such as Advil, Zantac, and NyQuil. They also sell travel size shampoo and conditioner, toilet paper, and laundry detergent. Make sure you check that out before you head up to CVS next time you feel like you’re getting sick.

7. Fresh Produce

Photo by Lynsey Sweatt

What many people don’t know is that the C-Store, located in The Village, is restocked with fresh fruits and veggies every day. Instead of trekking all the way away from campus to Publix, hit up the C-Store first.

8. SAE’s Cans for a Cause

Photo by Kelly Haugh

If you want to put your money to a good cause, you should definitely check out SAE’s Cans for a Cause! Students can purchase canned goods or non-perishable food items and place them in one of the many donation boxes around campus. All items collected will be directly donated to Auburn’s Food Bank. Every can counts!

See? There are many ways to spend TigerCard money rather than your own money everyday. Follow these tips and you’ll find yourself with much more leftover cash for other spendings. Your TigerCard can be much more useful than you think. Plus TigerCard money doesn’t roll over at the end of each year, so you might as well use it up. Before making your next grocery list, ask yourself what you could buy with your TigerCard first. Trust me, you and your parents will be impressed.