The St Andrews food and drink scene can be kind of depressing. A serious lack of food variety (ahem, Chipotle) and general laziness can sometimes make us prefer heating up some microwaveable noodles instead of actually cooking for ourselves. And, let’s face it: November is kind of cold and dark. A night out filled with good food and drink can definitely brighten up a week.

food events

With the endless amount of mid-semester deadlines you’re undoubtedly facing, you’re probably too busy to sort through all of your many Facebook event invites. Luckily, you have me and my first-year course load, which I’m told gives me an abundance of free time to do stuff like rummage through the list of November food events in St Andrews, and find the ones you can’t miss.

Just kidding, I also have a ton of stuff to do. I just procrastinate a lot.

1. Balgrove Black Tie Dinner

£25 via Fixr, November 24, 7 – 10:30 p.m., Balgrove Steak Barn, Strathtyrum

food events

Image courtesy of flickr.com

The St Andrews South African Society is inviting you to the countryside for a delicious dinner at Balgrove. The theme of the night is “SUIT UP & GET RURAL.” If that doesn’t describe it all then I don’t even know what does.

2. Thanksgiving at Forgans

£25.95, November 26, Noon – 11:45 p.m., Forgans, 110 Market Street

food events

Image courtesy of flickr.com

American citizenship not required. Forgan’s is offering a Thanksgiving menu of turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, pigs in a blanket, pumpkin pie, and need I even continue?

3. Christmas Ball 2015

£35, November 29, 7:00 p.m., Kinkell Byre, Kinkell

food events

Image courtesy of flickr.com

As if Christmas Ball wasn’t already going to be a massive hit, the Mermaids have made it Harry Potter themed–practically convincing those who weren’t sure about the ball to buy a ticket. Although this isn’t a “food” event per se, foodies, there is a lot to be excited for: mulled wine, buttered beer, chocolate fountains, and more festive treats will be available to get you into the holiday spirit.

4. Welly Ball 2015

£60 Dinner, £20 Afterparty, November 21, 7:00 p.m., Kinkell Byre, Kinkell

food events

Image courtesy of flickr.com

Take your nine best friends, put in a table ballot, and go for dinner at Kinkell, all the while supporting charity at the Welly Ball. Also, did we mention you don’t need to wear heels?

5. Nobel Ball

£55, November 20, 7:00 p.m., Hotel du Vin, 40 The Scores

food events

Image courtesy of flickr.com

A three-course dinner, bubbly, and a full bottle of wine per guest–the Scandinavian Society knows how to party (and will certainly proceed to do so). For those who enjoyed the Crayfish Party–expect more good things.

6. The St Andrews Black Tie Reeling Ball

£35, November 7, 8:30 p.m., The Scores Hotel, the Scores

food events

Image courtesy of flickr.com

Champagne and… Did we just hear bacon rolls? If you’ve been taking reeling classes, the dancing is just a bonus. Because bacon rolls.

7. St Andrews Food and Drink Festival

£25 – £200 depending on package and event choice, tickets via the Old Course Hotel, November 1 – 29, the Old Course Hotel and Spa, Old Station Road

food events

Image courtesy of flickr.com

With choices ranging from decadent to simply excessive, treat yourself (and your significant others, friends, families, favorite lecturers, etc.) to culinary experiences including Street Food Markets and Scottish Whisky Journeys (c’mon, you know you want to…).

food events

Eat on, St Andrews foodies.