It was a struggle enough getting out of bed this morning. How are you now expected to handle the endless lines and unforgiving obstacles preventing you from satisfying your empty stomach? This post will give you the strength to lock down those negative thoughts and put on a brave face for the sake of Huffman breakfasts.
1. You waltz into Huffman and try your best to shake off last night’s regrets.
Even though you know you did enough shaking last night out on the dance floor.
2. You make your way inside and are overwhelmed by the amount of people and the line out the door.
Is it just me or is all of Granville in here too?
3. You try to contain your frustration when the lady at the check-in stand calls over the manager to help swipe you in.
It’s a simple task, don’t make this harder on the both of us.
4. You make do with the unwanted small talk as you wait for another Huffman employee to come to your rescue.
Please let someone come quick, I can’t pretend to be human before I get some eggs in my stomach.
5. His magic touch does the trick and no one is stopping you now, you’re in.
6. You hurry to take a place in line at the egg station before everyone else shows up.
This is not a drill.
7. You’re unable to contain your enthusiasm and will share it with anyone who will listen.
What’s your favorite cereal? Are you a pancake or waffle person? Do you have any snacks?
8. You decide your hunger can’t wait and stuff a few mini muffins into your mouth while waiting in line.
Don’t look at me, this has to be done.
9. For once the muffins aren’t dry so you let your friends know about this rare phenomenon.
They don’t have the consistency of sand today?! How lovely!
10. You try to maintain composure as you wait patiently for the line to move.
You’re almost there, act cool.
11. You take a second to yourself to plot your possible order.
Two eggs over-easy or an omelette with cheese or tomatoes and spinach or just a plain scramble or scratch it all and get a waffle?
12. You decide on ordering a three-egg scramble instead of your usual omelette.
Someone stop me, I’m out of control.
13. The lines moving along nicely and you realize you’re getting that much closer to the eggs of your dreams.
If I dance like this will the line move faster?
14. The man behind the counter announces that he ran out of eggs and will be back in a few minutes.
I swear the whole world is out to get me today.
15. You decide that a few minutes is a few too many and surrender to the pre-made eggs.
If I close my eyes I won’t be able to tell the difference, right?
16. The employee reaches for the ladle of grey sludge that appears to be gravy, and you aggressively turn it down.
What even is that? Don’t you dare put that on my plate!
17. You make your way to the cereal station and discover that they have Lucky Charms today.
The clouds have parted, a new day is on the horizon.
18. You take it as a consolation prize for running out of eggs, and rejoice in this small victory.
Must be the luck o’ the Irish!
19. You and your multiple plates of food search for a suitable spot to eat.
Where is the least visible table for me to gorge on my 5+ plates of food?
20. You and your friends huddle around the table and silently get to work on your meal.
Eat first, talk later.
21. You’re truly enjoying this feast and aren’t afraid to show it.
Can we eat breakfast for every meal?
22. You realize that your eyes were bigger than your stomach but decide to power through and eat it all anyway.
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
23. You reflect on your behemoth of a meal, and slightly regret making that second waffle.
Just give me a couple minutes and I’ll be ready for round two.
24. You realize that the real walk of shame is rolling your way out of Huffman after the multiple plates of food you just consumed.
Can I call a safe-ride?
25. Your expanded gut doesn’t slow you down for long however, as you leave feeling satisfied and ready to take on the day.
Another Huffman success! Give yourself a pat on the back because you deserve it!