Graduation is a time to come together with family and friends to celebrate making it through another chapter in one’s life. Though finals and other worries may be crowding your mind, don’t forget you need to eat. More importantly, don’t forget to plan to eat. Here are some places you might want to consider reserving for grad dinner.

1. Duke’s Chowder House – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @lifewithsparks on Instagram

Duke’s is located on the waterfront AND they’ve got a gluten-free menu. #winning 

If you’re a clam chowder fan, you can get a sampler of the various traditional and non-traditional flavors. It’s too hard to choose just one to order.

2. Art House Café – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @arthousecafe253 on Instagram

“The Art House Café menu is crafted from scratch and features sustainably sourced, locally harvested, organic and house made ingredients.”

Though best known for their breakfast, they do offer a tasty dinner menu.

3. C.I. Shenanigans – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @nataliejmiddleton on Instagram

Like Duke’s, C.I. Shenanigans is on the waterfront and offer both steak and seafood. Opt for the latter with either steamed clams or ahi poke.

4. Fujiya – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @fujiyatacoma on Instagram

Fujiya offers the most beautiful and delicious sushi in Tacoma. Don’t stalk their website or Instagram on an empty stomach – it’s dangerous.

If raw fish isn’t your thing, try their ramen. If it is, try sitting at the bar and letting the chef pick your dish.

5. Asado – $$$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @asado_tacoma on Instagram

This Latin American Steakhouse is a meat lover’s dream. You can’t go wrong with anything meat here.

6. Pacific Grill – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @pacificgrill on Instagram

There’s something for everyone at Pacific Grill, ranging from oyster shooters to steaks and salads. If you’re feeling less ordinary, try their dishes that feature duck. Or cauliflower tots. Or both.

If not for dinner, go on a weekend to try “Boozy Brunch.”

7. Over the Moon Cafe – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @overthemooncafe on Instagram

As their tagline says, “Treat Yourself to Something Wonderful.”

Over The Moon Cafe is the place to go for comfort foods. They have an intimate yet eclectic ambiance that compliments the food perfectly.

8. El Gaucho – $$$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @elgauchohospitality on Instagram

This is a downtown steakhouse that offers fresh seafood and dry-aged steaks. A pricey choice, but definitely a meal you won’t forget.

9. Indochine – $$$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @zoeyekren on Instagram

With beautiful ambiance and amazing Asian fusion cuisine, Indochine is located downtown on Pacific Avenue. My favorite dish is the “Three Flavor Salmon” – a mixture of sweet, spicy, and savory.

10. Europa – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @chris_kim_1 on Instagram

A taste of authentic Italian food in the Proctor District of Tacoma. You can never go wrong with pasta, tbh.

11. Anthony’s at Point Defiance – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @joynyou on Instagram

Located in Point Defiance Park, Anthony’s would make a great restaurant to reconvene with family and take photos with a view of Mt. Rainier or Vashon Island in the background.

This restaurant is best for individuals seeking to eat seafood. My personal favorite is the Ponzu Salmon Rice Bowl.

12. Mandolin Sushi & Steak House – $$

restaurants

Photo by Edrick Wang

Tepanyaki = dinner and a show. A delicious show. If you prefer to have a more intimate table setting with just family, you have that option too.

If you prefer to have a more intimate table setting with just family, you have that option, too. The menu is expansive with a wide variety of sushi, teriyaki, donburi, and much more. Portions are huge so don’t be afraid to share.

13. Marrow – $$

restaurants

Photo courtesy of @marrowtacoma on Instagram

Marrow is the kind of restaurant you only eat at when your parents are in town. You really can’t go wrong with anything you order here – everything is delectable.