Taylor Swift once called the olive tree Calvin Harris planted in her backyard the best gift she’d ever received. Nearly a decade ago, How I Met Your Mother established the olive theory as a completely reasonable standard for a successful relationship. The humble fruit that’s come to represent armistice, romance, and a well-balanced charcuterie board has taken up residence in our pantries and refrigerators as a kitchen staple, and when pressed and packaged in the right bottle, a status symbol. Olive oil has starred in everything from simple salad dressings to desserts. I’d try it in a face cream, but never once consider adding a drizzle of evoo to my morning brew. However, the innovative coffee chain that brought you PSLs and cat-shaped cake pops did. I tried Starbucks’ new line of olive oil coffees, and the coupling worked more than I expected.

Wait. Starbucks released olive oil coffee?

Much like your roommate's passion for correcting your pronunciation of “bruschetta,” Starbucks’ Oleato beverages were birthed from a sojourn in Italy. After a visit to the region, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz was inspired to add olive oil to coffee. The drinks pair Starbucks arabica coffee with Partanna extra virgin olive oil. The lineup consists of five drinks, including a cocktail: Oleato Iced Shaken Espresso, the Oleato Golden Foam Cold Brew, the Oleato Caffè Latte, Oleato Iced Cortado, and Oleato Golden Foam Espresso Martini.

I didn’t know what to expect going into my olive oil coffee taste testing experience. What would the texture be like? Would there be a salty flavor? Should I bring my own bread for dipping?

What do the Starbucks olive oil coffees taste like?

The iced shaken espresso was the most subtle of the group, and the most palatable for the less adventurous sippers. Its nutty, familiar flavor isn’t too far off from your usual iced shaken espresso and makes for a sweet and savory substitute to your classic morning go-to.

The cold brew was a little tart and a little bitter, with the golden cold foam on top establishing a bright, tangy contrast. Plus, I can’t really say no to any version of Starbucks’ sweet, creamy cold foam.

The caffè latte was something akin to Willy Wonka’s three course dinner gum. But hear me out. The hot beverage reminded me of drinking down a Thanksgiving dinner, but in a good way? It had a comforting, roasted herbal flavor that really started to grow on me. But maybe it was just all that caffeine getting to my head.

Thanks to the orange bitters and the curl of an orange peel hugging the rim of the drink, the citrus flavor in the iced Cortado made for the perfect pairing that was reminiscent of a warm olive oil cake after dinner. It was tart but still sweet.

The espresso martini was something special, and my favorite beverage of the bunch. The traces of olive mingling with notes of vanilla bean made for a sweet experience that really had staying power.

I was impressed by how seamlessly all the drinks managed to incorporate olive oil. From the shaken espresso to the iced Cortado, the flavors range from subtle to statement. While I don’t know that I’d order an Oleato over a simple oat latte, I’m convinced that Starbucks can make any flavor pairings marketable. I’ll be waiting for their coffee bean and balsamic vinegar collab with bated breath.

Where can I get the Starbucks olive oil coffee?

Starbucks Oleato drinks debuted in Italy and are now available in select locations across the United States starting March 23.