If you haven’t zoodled yet in life, you are seriously missing out. I mean let’s be honest, who knew that slicing zucchini into noodle form and sautéing it briefly would taste good. While zoodles are definitely not the same as pasta, they are a perfectly suitable and guilt-free way to indulge in a one-pot meal of creamy deliciousness.

If you are like me and feel somewhat wrong eating an entire meal of solely vegetables and need a pork product to make you feel human, cook your favorite sausage on the side, slice, and add to the top of your zoodles. It’ll still count as healthy, I promise.

Level: Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Servings: 1 (or 2 if you eat like a rabbit)

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
2 medium zucchini or squash
Juice from 1 lemon
1 ½ tablespoons corn starch (or tapioca starch if you want to make it Paleo)
¼ cup water
Any veggies or toppings you’d like—you can see I added some sweet potato and asparagus
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ tablespoon dill

1. Using a spiralizer, slice zucchini and squash into noodle form. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a mandolin, super sharp knife, or vegetable peeler to slice the squash thinly, and then cut into noodle-sized width from there.

zoodle

Photo by Jen Berger

2. In a medium-sized frying pan, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat.

zoodle

Photo by Kelda Baljon

3. Add whatever veggies you’d like to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes or until nearly cooked.

zoodle

Photo by Kelda Baljon

4. Add the zucchini noodles and lemon juice and sauté for another 5-10 minutes or until soft.

5. In a small bowl or cup, combine corn starch and water and stir until fully incorporated. Add to pan and stir everything constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.

Photo by Analiese Trimber

Photo by Analiese Trimber

7. Once the “sauce” has thickened, remove pan from the heat and serve.

Photo by Analiese Trimber

Photo by Analiese Trimber

Want more zucchini recipes? See the stories below: