Everyone liked going to baseball games with their parents as a kid: wearing the team colors, cheering along with the crowd, trying to sneak into better seats. I have to admit, one of my favorite parts of the games was always getting a giant soft pretzel and drenching it in mustard (once a foodie, always a foodie, I guess). With this mustard-pretzel breaded chicken recipe, you get the double reward of enjoying a super easy meal that also tastes like sweet, sweet nostalgia.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
5 chicken breasts, cut into strips
¾ pound large hard pretzels
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper then put aside.
2. Put pretzels in large sealable plastic bag and crush them with any heavy kitchen utensil (or bottle) until you have a mixture of fine and coarse chunks.
3. Combine vegetable oil, both mustards, and vinegar in bowl and whisk. Reserve half of the dressing for dipping later.
4. Coat chicken strips in remaining dressing, then dip chicken into pretzel chunks until fully coated.
5. Put chicken on baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through until fully cooked.