One of our favorite crazes in restaurants lately is the ability to substitute regular french fries with tastier and healthier sweet potato fries. They’re more flavorful and colorful, let’s just say we’re kind of obsessed. For those of us that eat them as frequently as possible, a small change in seasonings can help you from falling into a super salty french fry rut. Plus, they’re crazy easy and great with a burger. Black bean, anyone?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
2 sweet potatoes
1/3 cups of cilantro, minced
1/2 cups of olive oil
1 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of pepper
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 475.
2. Peel sweet potatoes.
3. Slice potatoes into french fry-sized pieces.
4. Allow the fries to soak in cold water.
5. Dump out the water and dry the fries with a paper towel.
6. Mince your cilantro. (Need to brush up on your knife skills? We can help.)
7. Place the fries back into the bowl.
8. Pour in the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
9. Mix the seasonings and oil in, making sure each fry is coated.
10. On a baking pan, lay down a sheet of parchment paper.
11. Spread out your fries making sure that they aren’t overcrowded. (We ended up needing two baking sheets, you might too.)
12. Sprinkle the cilantro over the fries.
13. Put the baking sheet into the oven for 25 minutes, checking them after 20 minutes for readiness.
14. Once crisp remove from the oven and serve.
Hungry for more?
Sweet Potato Chips– For your crunchy snack food fix
Sweet Potatoes 101– Everything you every wanted to know about sweet potatoes
Chipotle Sweet Potato Tacos– For a healthy twist to a Mexican classic
Sweet Potatoes with Rosemary and Sea salt – Another take on the sweet potato fry