With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, what better way to celebrate than chocolate cake. This delicious dairy, grain, and sugar free dessert will love you as much as you love it. Who knew that you could eat cake and still be healthy? (We did) It’s the perfect paleo dessert that will make you wish everyday was a holiday.
Prep Time: 30-45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50-65 minutes
1/4 cup roasted sweet potato
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 overripe bananas
2 eggs, separated
3 T honey
Spray coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a bowl, mash the bananas with the cocoa powder and egg yolks.
3. Transfer to a blender with the roasted sweet potato and pulse until fully blended.
4. Whip the egg whites until firm peaks form.
5. Fold the blender mix into the egg whites.
6. Grease a small baking dish with the spray oil, add the batter, and bake until the cake bounces back to the touch.