Summer is the perfect time for ice cream and watermelon, but haven’t you ever wished you could combine the two into one super-summery, super-cool treat? Look no further. This is the recipe of all your midsummer nights’ dreams.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 0 minutes
Cool Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7.5 hours
4 cups lime sherbert or vanilla ice cream with green food coloring
5 cups vanilla ice cream
28 ounces raspberry or strawberry or watermelon sorbet
½ cup semi-sweet mini morsels (not pictured below)
1. Line a 2-quart bowl with plastic wrap, making sure some hangs over the lip of the bowl.
2. Set the lime sherbet out for 5-10 minutes to soften. Then, spoon it into a medium sized mixing bowl and soften by blending with a spoon or mixer.
3. Scoop the softened sherbert into your plastic wrapped bowl, smoothing it against the bottom and up the sides with the back of the spoon.
4. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes or until sturdy and refrozen.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the vanilla ice cream, smoothing the vanilla layer on top of the lime sherbert one in the bowl.
6. Spoon the raspberry sorbet into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir with a spoon to soften. When slightly softened, add the mini morsels into a medium sized mixing bowl and blend together.
7. Place this mixture into the plastic wrapped bowl, filling the space left in the bowl.
8. Cover with more plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours or up to 1 week.
To serve:1. Remove the top layer of plastic wrap.
2. Tug at the parts of plastic wrap that hang over the edge to loosen. Place a large plate on top of the bowl, invert the bowl and shake the bombe free.
Pro Tip: If the bombe is stubborn, run hot water around the bowl or place it inside another bowl full of hot water for 1-3 minutes.
3. Cut into wedges (of course) and serve immediately (before it melts).
Inspired by Very Best Baking