Are you enjoying pumpkin everything and sweater weather? Well, not everyone (like me) is a big fan of pumpkin saturation, nor the chilly season which leads to colds, flu shots, and runny noses. Thankfully for me, I always had my mother around to make her amazing, warm  fall drink known as wassail, which is chock full of vitamin C, D, and many other amazing spices like whole cinnamon and cloves.

Granted, some pretty amazing fall drinks exist out there and you should really give them a shot. The whole holiday season is not owned by pumpkin, and why not get a drink that is healthy as well?

An added bonus to this fall drink is that you can easily spike it with your favorite bourbon, Jack Daniels, or leave a cinnamon stick out and add a little Fireball. This wassail recipe will warm up any party.

The other great thing about this fall drink is that it does not have to simply remain a fall ordeal. My family makes this flavorful drink at our Christmas Eve party every year, but we always continue to make it well into the cold days of January and February.

So give it a try and share it with your family, roommates, and even co-workers. Fall drinks really help make the season festive, and this drink is a wonderful ice breaker at any party in chilly weather.

My Mama's Wassail

• 4 cup pineapple juice
  • 12 ounce apricot nectar
  • 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 6 whole cinnamon sticks
  • 12 whole cloves
chocolate, tea
Rachel Dunn

Combine all ingredients into one pot.

juice, tea
    Rachel Dunn

Heat all ingredients to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes.

chocolate, cake
    Rachel Dunn

Remove the spices and enjoy!

beer, cider, tea, alcohol, liquor
    Rachel Dunn