This vegan cinnamon cake is the perfect addition to any upcoming holiday dinner party, any birthday party, a treat for your vegan best friend, or even just a treat for you. But I warn you- it'll be gone before you know it, so treat this vegan cinnamon cake with caution. 

This vegan cinnamon cake takes nearly no time at all. The peanut butter, coconut oil, and sugar together create this caramel flavour. The flax egg is the perfect substitute for a normal egg (although if you don't want to invest in a flax seeds a normal egg should work fine in its place). The cinnamon sugar topping adds the extra sweet crunch to every bite of this cake. This cinnamon cake tastes like the holidays in every bite. 

Fluffly Vegan Cinnamon Cake

• 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
  • 2/3 cup coconut oil
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 1 flax egg
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup white flour
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoon cinnamon
Saskia Blackburn

Preheat the oven to 180° celsius and line a cake pan with baking paper (or grease with coconut oil). Make your flax egg (combine water and ground flax seeds for 5 minutes).

Melt the coconut oil in a pan or microwave. Combine the oil with peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Add honey, coconut milk, and flax egg. Mix well and focus on folding your mixture (this will make it fluffy).

Add flour, vanilla sugar, and baking powder. If the mixture is feeling too wet add some more flour till you get to a good consistency. Once again, mix well and focus on folding your mixture for a while (the more you fold the fluffier it gets). Pour the mixture into your lined cake tin.

In a separate bowl make your cinnamon sugar by combining sugar and cinnamon. Mix well and evenly sprinkle onto of your cake making sure to cover the entire cake.

Place your cake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes (depending on the depth of your pan. A brownie pan will take a shorter time than a cake tin for example—check with a fork to make sure it comes out clean when you poke the cake). Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing it and cutting it into slices!

The perfect dessert for any meal...Bon appétit !!!

tea, coffee
Saskia Blackburn