This one’s for all you “I don’t have time for breakfast” types out there. These banana bread blender muffins will kickstart your morning and send you to that 9 am lecture with a little more pep in your step. Many thanks to Alyssa Maccarrone for this awesome recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6+ Muffins
2 spotted, ripe bananas
¼ cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup rolled oats, plus extra for topping
¼ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a blender, add oats and blend until they’re a fine powder.
3. To the blender, add the bananas, peanut butter, egg, honey, flour, vanilla, baking soda and cinnamon, and blend until smooth and combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop mixture into a greased cupcake pan until each tin is ¾ full. Sprinkle raw oats on top for decoration.
6. Place on the upper rack of an oven and bake for 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let the muffins cool and store them in an air tight container for up to a week.
More breakfast muffin recipes for your morning inspiration: